Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I spent all day yesterday on mine. I used Meguires gold class car wash, did the whole thing in scratch x and then polished it with Tech Wax. If anyone needs me, I shall be on eBay looking for a new arm and elbow.

P.S. Nice looking car you got there mate.

What's "Scratch X"?

Scratch X is yet another polish which is advertised as an effective scratch remover. In my experience, most polishes do the same thing, which is flatten down the clearcoat on your paint. I have used Mothers scratch remover on my car, and to be honest, it doesn't remove any more scrathes than SRP ( Autoglym Super Resin Polish ). The trick is in how much work you are prepared to do, its true that some polishes are more abrasive than others, but all scratches can be removed if you polish your car enough, it just might take a few years! The finish on my LS was achieved by using a claybar over the entire car, followed by SRP applied using a car polishing machine bought from Aldi (yes, Aldi ). Then Mothers Sealer and Glaze , applied by machine followed by Mothers Grade 1 Yellow Carnauba Wax. The Mothers products came from USA, I found them to be really good. I applied the Carnauba by hand, its easier to do small areas at a time. There is an enormous amount of choice in the field of polishes, waxes and machines to put them on. I found what I like and you can see the results in my pics. Paul

What's "Scratch X"?

Scratch X is yet another polish which is advertised as an effective scratch remover. In my experience, most polishes do the same thing, which is flatten down the clearcoat on your paint. I have used Mothers scratch remover on my car, and to be honest, it doesn't remove any more scrathes than SRP ( Autoglym Super Resin Polish ). The trick is in how much work you are prepared to do, its true that some polishes are more abrasive than others, but all scratches can be removed if you polish your car enough, it just might take a few years! The finish on my LS was achieved by using a claybar over the entire car, followed by SRP applied using a car polishing machine bought from Aldi (yes, Aldi ). Then Mothers Sealer and Glaze , applied by machine followed by Mothers Grade 1 Yellow Carnauba Wax. The Mothers products came from USA, I found them to be really good. I applied the Carnauba by hand, its easier to do small areas at a time. There is an enormous amount of choice in the field of polishes, waxes and machines to put them on. I found what I like and you can see the results in my pics. Paul

Despite the gold badges, your car looks a million dollars, as they say. But I suspect most of us just don't have the time. Not with tiny sprogs, anyway. Perhaps you have sprogs - and a nanny!

The paintwork on the Lexus is a whole lot better than on Mercs. Well, actually, I haven't noticed lately, but Mercs used to be covered in 'orange peel'.

i wish my street was empty like yours - plenty of parking space!

is there not many car owners on your street or do you get a block of garages somewhere round the back?

miq

It's not usually that empty, if I want some space to polish the car I ring the police with a bomb scare. (joke). The day after I cleaned it , a guy down the road with an Audi spent all day polishing it. It's only 3 years old and it doesn't look a patch on my Lex.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links