Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Sport Mk1 Transponder Alarm Key Fob

hi all,

this has been happening on odd occasions, but its still annoying. sometimes when i go to unlock the car, it won't unlock. sometimes i have to wait a long period of time or sometimes it might just work. today was worse, but i noticed something i didn't before. when i looked at the fob, the little LED light was constantly on. it wouldn't clear. in the end i had to manually unlock the car, open the boot (yes, alarm screamed throughout the car park) and get my screwdriver. i basically opened the fob, waited 10 secs and put it back together again.

so what is going on with it?

thanks

finest1 :angry:

When it used to happen on mine I was told that it was a buildup of static in the fob. Don't know if that is right but Lexus told me to clear it in exactly the way you describe, using a very small screwdriver. I used to get it intermittently and it didn't matter whether the Battery in the fob was old or new.

thanks dave,

so i have to walk around with a screwdriver set on me !

great!!

:tomato:

I kept mine in the glovebox for the rare occasions it was needed. Maybe Lexus should have designed the car with an external miniscrewdriver holder....colour coded of course.

It even means you get to check that your alarm works. :whistling:

thanks dave,

great!!

:tomato:

I kept mine in the glovebox for the rare occasions it was needed. Maybe Lexus should have designed the car with an external miniscrewdriver holder....colour coded of course.

It even means you get to check that your alarm works. :whistling:

Dave1, you got the vote,

This is the funniest post I have ever read, well indeed it is true that after buying lexus I am carrying a small screw driver that can also tight my glasses screw as well, but that is used most of the time for that purpose. :)

There is a thread about resetting the key. something like remove key fob battery and hold key near centre consol and hold both buttons down for 30 secs then put battery back in and all should be fine.

To do the above needs a screwdriver so you will still need to walk round with 1 in your pocket :D :tomato:

You don't remove the Battery though. Just do as you say above apart from removing Battery.

Mine does this occasionally and has done in the four years I've owned the car. It has got to a point recently though where it's a complete lottery as to whether the fob will unlock the car or not so I'm now using the key. It's a shame the key doesn't activate and deactivate the alarm like the alarm fitted to earlier models.

Have you tried this:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=19509

Last time I was walking down the road with a screwdriver in my hand, it was confiscated by the Police. I had to go to the station to collect it. How retarded is that!

I used to get very similar with my Celica remote. That would of been of the same kind of age. Possbily the same transmitter!

thanks for the tips guys.

remote is working ok so far. the link that was given is talking about resetting the fob, which i think may work if my troubles contiue. i actually reset my number 2 fob in the same exact manner and worked

:shifty:

• 3 years later...

Hi all,I'm a new member as of today.My transponder alarm key fob stopped working about a year ago following the fitting of a new Battery.Having browesed through your suggestion's for re-setting I thought I would give it a go,I tried some of the above method's and had no luck then I think by luck I managed to do the job like this : with all door's boot and bonnet locked stand in front of the car hold both button's on the fob for around 15 second's(the red neon will flash on and off while in this position)untill you have a solid red neon alight.That for me was job done.

Now that's what we like, a new member coming up with a solution to a problem and one that can obviously use the search successfully.

A big welcome to the LOC. :D

Thank's for the welcome Steve,a problem shared is a problem halved as they say. :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links