Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Facelifted Is220d To Have Reduced Co2 Emissions

I found this on the German LOC website, translated on Bablefish, looks like a reduction in co2

Ok That didnt work so here is a cut and paste;

IS Minor CHANGE starting from 14 November in the trade:

Front Design: New radiator grille inclusive-more concise chrome edge radiator grille has less however larger vertical props. New bumper, which takes up the flowing edges of the hood and the grill. Again arranged lower air intakes centric and at the exteriors. Modified nebula lights in outside air intakes.

Side view: Side turn signal (LED) in the outer mirror housings integrates. New 17 and 18 tariff rim Design. Tail: New, three-dimensional tail lamps with deep lying turn signal unit (no LED).

Interieur: New color and applications of the center console. Again positioned straight knurls for ventilation nozzles. Backs of the front seats and door linings always black, independently of the covering color. Basic version receives Velours Lederbezug of the sport LINE version.

Technology: VDIM in all versions in series. Diesel further with two different rear axles, whereby in the case of the short total translation of 3,2:1 on 2,9:1 changes. CO 2 reduces by 4 g with long axle (164g/km), by 6 gram with short axle (189g/km).

New chassis vote, modified steering element, change of shift fork, measures for the decrease of transmission noises. The switching paddles of the IS 250 mechanism receive a Vorwalhfunktion. Without changes of the selector lever into the sequential mode the drill steps can be preselected. (use of the exhaust brake improves).

Equipment: All versions with individually adjustable autoLOCK for automatically locked doors after driving off.

Luxury version keeps Lexus Card key standard according to LS series. Otherwise two new colors (gold and brown, but are void green and beige).

Interieurfarbe ivory-beige is replaced by a darker Ecru. Version offer invariably, prices are raised depending upon extended series extent (yet does not admit). From text like a Lexus the internal looks to write, z. Bsp between central and autohouses as first information. Even if stands are " purely optically only for 3 much there; wesentliche"

Changes: Turn signal in sides mirrors (as gs) new grill and rear lights. And one could surely also re-tool 3 (if one wants). I believe hardly it an effect in the current model will really have - neither concerning the price (with the resale) nor it the current model old to look leaves (as with the manschen facelifts of German manufacturers).

Greeting Don

The card key is a nice touch, the standard fob is quite a brute, plus the whole keyless thing is so much cooler when it's in your wallet and completely out of the way :winky:

I'd love a keycars for my LS430. It has the most weird shapped key I have ever seen. Having a card in my wallet makes much more sense. It would stop it from digging into my waste some times.

What do you mean waste? Do you throw the key in the bin? :unsure:

I guess it's a long shot but I wonder if the key card would work on the previous LS..............in fact wonder if it would work on any keyless Lexus as surely the tech must be pretty similar :whistling:

Sorry for my awfull spelling. When I said waste, I meant the part of the body which joins the top half to tbe bottom half. Waist. To be more acurate, It stick into my upper part of the leg which I believe is called the thigh. I was away that day when we did anatomy at school.

4g co/2 isnt anything to shout about though is it compared to the audis, bms and jags its still an uneconomical and high carboned car meaning higher tax still

Sorry for my awfull spelling. When I said waste, I meant the part of the body which joins the top half to tbe bottom half. Waist. To be more acurate, It stick into my upper part of the leg which I believe is called the thigh. I was away that day when we did anatomy at school.

Ahhh, sorry mate, reading it back now should have realised that but read it quickly and it made no sense :lol: :)

4g co/2 isnt anything to shout about though is it compared to the audis, bms and jags its still an uneconomical and high carboned car meaning higher tax still
the few grams of c02 are of little interest to me and i beleive that the economy of the 220 is up there with the competition.the bmw is the top of the economy leagueand few would argue that.every road test that i have read the is compares well and is not uneconomical.i am currently averaging almost 46mpg.the reason that i have never bought a bmw is that there is no value in them and the people that sell them are arrogant.

the few grams of c02 are of little interest to me and i beleive that the economy of the 220 is up there with the competition.the bmw is the top of the economy leagueand few would argue that.every road test that i have read the is compares well and is not uneconomical.i am currently averaging almost 46mpg.the reason that i have never bought a bmw is that there is no value in them and the people that sell them are arrogant.

Cheers mate - There are probably 10 BMW's being sold for every Lexus if not more, and according to you there's only one clever person out of 10 - i.e. the one that buys a Lexus. Gis a break!

The cars are completely different as are the drivers and their expectations. BMW drivers always have a poor reputation, because they are seen as "rich mondeo man". And it is largely true...those who have been promoted from Ford drive like looneys....

Lex and BMW are RWD or AWD...but....The Lexus gives you quality and kit. You pay for that Luxury - that is what the car is worth...The BMW gives you Quality and something that puts a smile on your face each time you turn the wheel. That is what a BMW is worth. No question...and it's not the extra's that make people buy a BMW...it's the drive, the engineering and the efficiency. And every BMW dealership knows it, and so do you if you're truthful to yourself...No one buys a BMW for Luxury, other than on or 2 models or some expensive options...no one really buys a Lexus bcause it's phenominal to drive - other than the ISF, LFA an one or two others. That's why some see Lexus as an old mans car...and that is harsh too IMHO because Lexus are good cars

In fact the Customer Service at my local BMW dealership, who also own the Lexus (Sytner/Penske) dealer is astonishingly good. They are head and shoulders above the Lexus dealership in every single area so far. It'll be intresting to see if this continues when and if I hav a claim or a poblem...

If you look at "ye olde" Toyota car hand books, the "Ceremony of the keys" etc, I have to say that the most satisfying handover was the BMW one. It was miles better than the Toyota, Audi or Lexus one.

Very concise...it took over an hour and never once did I feel rushed to just go home...the "bound" pack with all of the details...everything was perfect. AND it wasn't even a new car! The car was prepared like new. It was miles better than the cramped "circular" pre handover vault at the Lexus dealer, with a new salesman who needed help from the busines manager at every stage even though I never took their finance...

And I ain't just saying that about the Lexus dealer in town - every Lexus dealership I visited in a 50 mile radius (other than Sutton Coldfield - who were fantastic before they were takn over) were extremly arrogant...but then that's car dealrships in general. When have any of them genuinely cared about the person that spends all their money on a piece of metal? None of them - they are all target driven and will fleece you for very penny that they can, else they wouldn't haggle and do "deals". There's distrust in your mind before you even to walk into a showroom, regardless of make or marque. You never pay the price on the ticket and they never give you what black book say for your PEx if you have one. Lexus dealers are no different... The only area where Lexus seem to excel is warranty claims, where you don't have to justify a thing...

As for the Co2, it's not even one band, so what is the point...and have they dabbled with that rear diff again to make the gearing even taller?

Sorry - forgot...this is a Lexus forum, so all hail Lexus...

THERE IS NOT A JOT OF VALUE IN A BMW>>>LEXUS RULES OK

PS - dgman - you are of course right - the IS220d is up there with the competition in terms of economy. It's got similar economy to my 3.0litre 6 cylinder Automatic BMW..

PPS - I can't stay away from this forum. It's so much fun!

Cheers mate - There are probably 10 BMW's being sold for every Lexus if not more, and according to you there's only one clever person out of 10 - i.e. the one that buys a Lexus. Gis a break!

The cars are completely different as are the drivers and their expectations. BMW drivers always have a poor reputation, because they are seen as "rich mondeo man". And it is largely true...those who have been promoted from Ford drive like looneys....

Lex and BMW are RWD or AWD...but....The Lexus gives you quality and kit. You pay for that Luxury - that is what the car is worth...The BMW gives you Quality and something that puts a smile on your face each time you turn the wheel. That is what a BMW is worth. No question...and it's not the extra's that make people buy a BMW...it's the drive, the engineering and the efficiency. And every BMW dealership knows it, and so do you if you're truthful to yourself...No one buys a BMW for Luxury, other than on or 2 models or some expensive options...no one really buys a Lexus bcause it's phenominal to drive - other than the ISF, LFA an one or two others. That's why some see Lexus as an old mans car...and that is harsh too IMHO because Lexus are good cars

In fact the Customer Service at my local BMW dealership, who also own the Lexus (Sytner/Penske) dealer is astonishingly good. They are head and shoulders above the Lexus dealership in every single area so far. It'll be intresting to see if this continues when and if I hav a claim or a poblem...

If you look at "ye olde" Toyota car hand books, the "Ceremony of the keys" etc, I have to say that the most satisfying handover was the BMW one. It was miles better than the Toyota, Audi or Lexus one.

Very concise...it took over an hour and never once did I feel rushed to just go home...the "bound" pack with all of the details...everything was perfect. AND it wasn't even a new car! The car was prepared like new. It was miles better than the cramped "circular" pre handover vault at the Lexus dealer, with a new salesman who needed help from the busines manager at every stage even though I never took their finance...

And I ain't just saying that about the Lexus dealer in town - every Lexus dealership I visited in a 50 mile radius (other than Sutton Coldfield - who were fantastic before they were takn over) were extremly arrogant...but then that's car dealrships in general. When have any of them genuinely cared about the person that spends all their money on a piece of metal? None of them - they are all target driven and will fleece you for very penny that they can, else they wouldn't haggle and do "deals". There's distrust in your mind before you even to walk into a showroom, regardless of make or marque. You never pay the price on the ticket and they never give you what black book say for your PEx if you have one. Lexus dealers are no different... The only area where Lexus seem to excel is warranty claims, where you don't have to justify a thing...

As for the Co2, it's not even one band, so what is the point...and have they dabbled with that rear diff again to make the gearing even taller?

Sorry - forgot...this is a Lexus forum, so all hail Lexus...

PS - dgman - you are of course right - the IS220d is up there with the competition in terms of economy. It's got similar economy to my 3.0litre 6 cylinder Automatic BMW..

PPS - I can't stay away from this forum. It's so much fun!

you certainly should be posting your comment's on a bmw forum since you are not a lexus owner anymore,remember the long goodbye well it's getting longer .my comment about there being no value for money in the bmw remains and they are not value for money and the lexus is.it is clear that you only post on this forum as an antagonist,

you should accept the fact that you had a bad car and that you should have rejected it under the sale of goods act and you missed the opportunity.don't you think that it is time that you just went on your way,bitterness can consume a man.

What bitterness - I am happier now than I've ever been. There is more bitterness and naivity in your comments about marques that you don't/won't own. In fact bcause I tell it like it is, warts and all, I knew it wouldn't be long before someone told me to buggerorf! Touched a nerve have we wrf to my comments on economy?

I have always stated that a Lexus is fantasic VFM - In fact I pride myself on sitting on the fence and telling it like it is rather than sitting there with Rose Tinted (Lexus) Spectacles (L)--(L) on all of the time. I think because of that people actually become antagonistic towards me! And that just proves how hard some of you try and defend a naff situation.

As far as rejecting cars is concerned, I tried. Boy I tried. All legal advice pointed to the same thing - "rattles did not make the car un-fit for purpose and the warranty was there to fix it".

Various lawyers gave me that exact advice, as did the CAB. It would have been a serious waste of money if I went for it, which is why I would never recommend anyone ever buys a new car. In fact you're better protected with a used one, 30 day exchange etc! Well after 2.5 years and umpteen vistts it still rattled like mad, had a major issue wth economy inspite of fixes. Where was Lexus's pledge in 3 strikes and Lexus Technical? No where 'cos they were stumped! Face the facts!

Many people on here treat the forum like a fan club, which actually can at times be to the detriment of the club and the members - I've said my piece...

Whilst I do finally plan my "passing" for good dgman, you keep kidding yourself that you're driving the best car in the world, and that it's only a minority of cars wth problems (when even Lexus employees have told many of us that it is a wide spread problem), shoving DPS4 in it to make it as economical as a 3.0l diesel Auto, and take it all the way from Leicester to Wolverhampton for maintenance...something is wrong if you have to do those things - just be truthful to yourself!

PS - as a very recent Lex owner I still feel that I can add value, help and advice WHICH IS WHY I AM HERE

PPS - a currently looking at an SC430 as a weekend car...why would I do that if I was a Lexus antagonistic?

PPPS - as you will see with my post/thread on the Sprint Booster - if I was Antagonistic, why oh why would I still be suggesting remedials? Explain that one!

Au revoir!

What bitterness - I am happier now than I've ever been. There is more bitterness and naivity in your comments about marques that you don't/won't own. In fact bcause I tell it like it is, warts and all, I knew it wouldn't be long before someone told me to buggerorf! Touched a nerve have we wrf to my comments on economy?

I have always stated that a Lexus is fantasic VFM - In fact I pride myself on sitting on the fence and telling it like it is rather than sitting there with Rose Tinted (Lexus) Spectacles (L)--(L) on all of the time. I think because of that people actually become antagonistic towards me! And that just proves how hard some of you try and defend a naff situation.

As far as rejecting cars is concerned, I tried. Boy I tried. All legal advice pointed to the same thing - "rattles did not make the car un-fit for purpose and the warranty was there to fix it".

Various lawyers gave me that exact advice, as did the CAB. It would have been a serious waste of money if I went for it, which is why I would never recommend anyone ever buys a new car. In fact you're better protected with a used one, 30 day exchange etc! Well after 2.5 years and umpteen vistts it still rattled like mad, had a major issue wth economy inspite of fixes. Where was Lexus's pledge in 3 strikes and Lexus Technical? No where 'cos they were stumped! Face the facts!

Many people on here treat the forum like a fan club, which actually can at times be to the detriment of the club and the members - I've said my piece...

Whilst I do finally plan my "passing" for good dgman, you keep kidding yourself that you're driving the best car in the world, and that it's only a minority of cars wth problems (when even Lexus employees have told many of us that it is a wide spread problem), shoving DPS4 in it to make it as economical as a 3.0l diesel Auto, and take it all the way from Leicester to Wolverhampton for maintenance...something is wrong if you have to do those things - just be truthful to yourself!

PS - as a very recent Lex owner I still feel that I can add value, help and advice WHICH IS WHY I AM HERE

PPS - a currently looking at an SC430 as a weekend car...why would I do that if I was a Lexus antagonistic?

PPPS - as you will see with my post/thread on the Sprint Booster - if I was Antagonistic, why oh why would I still be suggesting remedials? Explain that one!

Au revoir!

Great reply Jamboo. They don't like it up em!

You keep coming out on top.

Why?

Because your'e honest!

Jamboo, keep it coming. Sure it's a Lexus owners site, but some of us aren't adverse to hearing the truth about our cars. I'm going to assume that you reside somewhere near me by the reference to Sytner? My handover was rushed and I certainly felt like I was being ushered out of the door by the salesman. Maybe if they'd done their jobs properly I wouldn't have received my car in the sorry state it was in and my first impressions of the car and Lexus as a whole wouldn't be so tainted. The fact they still didn't get it right when it was returned to them speaks volumes for me. With the salesman trying to make himself a mark up of over £400 on a tow bar and making himself £150 on the Bluetooth kit, I will never trust Lexus again and take great pleasure in ensuring everyone knows what a sorry bunch my local dealership are.

On the fueling side; I have just returned from my first long haul trip in the ISD. The best I managed was 51mpg. Sounds good, except that was all at a pathetic 50 mph with the odd dip into the 60 and 70 mph ranges. On the drive there journey sticking to speed limits and no harsh acceleration I only managed 45mpg. Both journeys made maximum use of the cruise control. If I'd driven it with any venom it would have dropped to the high 30s/low 40s.

Jamboo, keep it coming. Sure it's a Lexus owners site, but some of us aren't adverse to hearing the truth about our cars. I'm going to assume that you reside somewhere near me by the reference to Sytner? My handover was rushed and I certainly felt like I was being ushered out of the door by the salesman. Maybe if they'd done their jobs properly I wouldn't have received my car in the sorry state it was in and my first impressions of the car and Lexus as a whole wouldn't be so tainted. The fact they still didn't get it right when it was returned to them speaks volumes for me. With the salesman trying to make himself a mark up of over £400 on a tow bar and making himself £150 on the bluetooth kit, I will never trust Lexus again and take great pleasure in ensuring everyone knows what a sorry bunch my local dealership are.

On the fueling side; I have just returned from my first long haul trip in the ISD. The best I managed was 51mpg. Sounds good, except that was all at a pathetic 50 mph with the odd dip into the 60 and 70 mph ranges. On the drive there journey sticking to speed limits and no harsh acceleration I only managed 45mpg. Both journeys made maximum use of the cruise control. If I'd driven it with any venom it would have dropped to the high 30s/low 40s.

what is your tank avg since you bought the car .

Jamboo, keep it coming. Sure it's a Lexus owners site, but some of us aren't adverse to hearing the truth about our cars. I'm going to assume that you reside somewhere near me by the reference to Sytner? My handover was rushed and I certainly felt like I was being ushered out of the door by the salesman. Maybe if they'd done their jobs properly I wouldn't have received my car in the sorry state it was in and my first impressions of the car and Lexus as a whole wouldn't be so tainted. The fact they still didn't get it right when it was returned to them speaks volumes for me. With the salesman trying to make himself a mark up of over £400 on a tow bar and making himself £150 on the bluetooth kit, I will never trust Lexus again and take great pleasure in ensuring everyone knows what a sorry bunch my local dealership are.

what is your tank avg since you bought the car .

Fluctuates between 33 to 35 mpg but most of my driving is city bound very rarely getting a decent run. You might ask why I went for a diesel when I don't do long enough runs to see the benefits? Well the old 2.4 petrol S80 I was running only managed around 20 mpg around town. Even at 33mpg and taking the extra cost of diesel I'm financially better off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links