Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Hid/xenon/angel Lights

Hey,

I've got a Lexus IS200 SE and I'm trying to look for some Xenon/HID Lights

Just wondering if anybody could recommend a good site?

Also in terms of installing, is it easy?

I was thinking of

"http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360079649954&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=023"

OR:

"http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140259156670&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004"

Please can I get your opinion...

Thanks guys!

I've listed the eBay numbers (muh easier than posting links)

Item number: 360079649954 (Angels)

Item number: 140259156670 (HID's)

HID's themselves are an easy swap out/upgrade, but angel eyes are a much more complicated fitment, and

will require complete dis-assembly of the Headlight.

The HID's you need are HB4/9006 for dipped beam and the bulb colour/temperature I would recommend is 6000k

I got mine from www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk. You can get them from fleabay, www.hids4u.co.uk and many other places. Installation is easy peasy and takes 5 mins.

Angel eyes are apparently a nightmare and require far more work and carry more risks of screwing something up than hids.

8000K is a bluey-white........as my car is blue it works well, but not sure I'd like them on any other colour. These aren't the best pics in the world but give you an idea:

122594723.jpg

122594731.jpg

Yeah, I've just ordered some HID/Xenons from ebay for £60.00

Hopefully should get them on Thursday, soon as they come i'll let you guys know and take some pics

I ordered 8000k temperature which is slightly blue.

EBAY ITEM NUMBER:140256780652

Hopefully they should be good.

I have heard of 8000k being TOO BLUE. Think i have heard of them failing MOT, but have also heard of them passing many times. Its down to the tester!

Wow, your HID's look wicked

That's the same temperature I'm getting 8000k

I'll post some pics when I fit mine

Parthbian - how difficult was it to fit those HID's?

Cheers mate, definitely post up some pics when you do yours...........dead simple to fit, just unplug the old bulb, plug into the new ballast, put the new HID bulb in the holder, stick the ballast down somewhere secure and you're done! Took no more than 20 mins :)

I have heard of 8000k being TOO BLUE. Think i have heard of them failing MOT, but have also heard of them passing many times. Its down to the tester!

They're not really too blue, it's only really a hint of blue - as far as the MOT goes, I have it done at Lexus every year and they've never had a problem with it (touchwood :winky: )

Hi nervo

I have a thread on here regarding HID conversion but don't know how to add the link.

If you check my name and then my threads you will see a thread called 'Fitting HID Headlight conversion' - dated June 8th - which has pics & info.

As Wozza said really easy to fit & a great mod - well worth it.

They're not really too blue, it's only really a hint of blue - as far as the MOT goes, I have it done at Lexus every year and they've never had a problem with it (touchwood :winky: )

I'm sure I have heard someone fail MOT with 8000k, thats why I went for 6000k. But most will be OK, i'm sure.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links