Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car Check

Gord

what about that new text thing where you text the details to the number and they text you back with all the details

Like the owners ? or just the hpi stuff ?

Hpi, Police and Insurance database check I think.

I would imagine it would be quite difficult to find out.

I don't see that (from a legal point of view, that is) you would have any right to that private information?

Is it a car that you own? As the V5 will show it, but 'm sure you know that!

EDIT: the links above probably wont give you names and addresses though, will they?

I would have thought these details would be covered under the data protection act and therefore not be available? - But not sure

Of course, the last 2 owners should be on the V5 - perhaps you could contact the first one and request where they bought from?

what about that new text thing where you text the details to the number and they text you back with all the details

Like the owners ? or just the hpi stuff ?

heres a few,hope its what your after

ckicky

clicky 2

These sites can be a bit of a con. As an example, on the initial free check which they give you in order to get you to pay for more details, try putting in your own car registration. The answer will come back with your car details but will also say that they hold further important information on this car.

As Mark says, the current owner and the previous owner details will be on the V5 but that assumes you have access to it.

Definately no service paperwork then?

I've sussed out all the previous owners of my car from the service paperwork - most of the invoices have the name and address of the owner at the time (and credit card details - unfortunately expired though ;-))

If theres no customer info on - then could be worth a call to the garage that did the servicing - see if they have any records?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links