Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Superchargers

Bazza-old

just a question concerning the fitting of a supercharger

1) what happens to the lexus warranty

surely they can say that a supercharger has interfered with the engine, brakes, gearbox etc etc

anyone had any experience with lexus on this

2) what does it do to the resale of the vehicle

3) can it be removed with no obvious signs

4) is it worth £3000+

2) I'd say it increases it by 30/50% of the cost of the s/c reducing over time

3) Yup

4) I think its worth it........for that money would you get a car with the IS's looks etc plus all that extra uuuuuuuuuummmmphhhh :whistling:

1) Warranty.

The kit itself comes with a 1 yr TTE warranty.

As with any modification, it's down to Lexus to prove it was the cause of failure.

Though this hasn't been tested as far as i'm aware ....

and obviously Lexus 'hold all the cards' coz they'd simply not do the work.

2) Resale.

Given the choice, which would you buy - with or without compressor ?

I know which i'd go for :D Any car is worth what someone will pay for it.

3) Removal.

It can be removed relatively cleanly.

May like to replace some engine trim pieces which are cut to accomodate the kit.

4) Is it worth 3k+

Well, that's a tough one. It's certainly WAY overpriced for what it is.

But there's no real alternative to fix the gutless stock IS200.

Once you've got one, you wouldn't want to be without it.

1) what happens to the lexus warranty

surely they can say that a supercharger has interfered with the engine, brakes, gearbox etc etc

As far as I understand it - the fitting of the supercharger does not void your warranty.

Lexus would need to prove that the (rhetorical) damage was in fact caused by the supercharger.

so depending on the nature of the (rhetorical) damage, you could be completely covered by your warranty still, or have a fight on your hands with the Lexus dealer over getting the work done under warranty

1)  what happens to the lexus warranty

As far as I understand it - the fitting of the supercharger does not void your warranty.

Lexus would need to prove that the (rhetorical) damage was in fact caused by the supercharger.

so depending on the nature of the (rhetorical) damage, you could be completely covered by your warranty still, or have a fight on your hands with the Lexus dealer over getting the work done under warranty

I was told that it does void the warranty on the engine.

Lexus were going to release a couple of hundred special editions with super chargers but apparently it did not come off becasue the warranty company would not cover it.

So the idea was binned.

Remember.. it is not Lexus who provide the warranty!

Lexus were going to release a couple of hundred special editions with super chargers but apparently it did not come off becasue the warranty company would not cover it.

So the idea was binned.

Remember.. it is not Lexus who provide the warranty!

I heard a differrent story to that ...

The special edition would have had to go through 'low volume type approval'

That's what jpn imports - altezza etc have to pass.

Now Lexus / Toyota being dead against jpn imports ...

policy decision made that they wouldn't be seen to be using the same 'back door'.

Thus the project was canned.

Despite it being Lexus GB who commissioned TTE to produce the s/c kit in the 1st place.

Maybe urban legend - who knows ... but an alternative ending ...

:D This is like 'additional features / endings' on a DVD isn't it :D

I think everybody is in agreement with the benefits of the S/C over the performance

of the stock 'IS' but Can it really be worth the 3 grand, also whats the loading

on the insurance?When you sell the car on surely your hoping to find a buyer

who needs not wants a S/C as we would all want one but cant justify the extra loading

on your policy.I think its 2 seconds quicker from 0-60 wich is quick if your racing??

but in street terms i'll see you at the next set of lights!!

Prepare for backlash from:GRIM,SI+DAVE ELLEN

Pete :P

Would actually agree mate if you only used your car round towns, on the other hand if you cover a fair bit of mileage the the S/C is a must, the loading on my insurance with ALL my mods declared is only £178 - which to be honest is not a lot of cash, so don't let that put you off getting one!! :P

My insurance (with the Lexus owners lot) is £80 more.........was with Direct Line.........

When TDi fitted the induction kit they also looked at a vibration I had when the car was cold........they undid the s/c belt & I drove it to see if it was a s/c vibration.......I could'nt believe the difference withouit a s/c...........

I'm not bothered about 0-60 times myself.........70-90 and those above are where it matters and its worth every penny trust me :whistling:

Bazza.......whereabouts in Londinium are you ? could take you for a spin it you want..........

Bet the old cheque book is dusted off then..............

2 DOWN 1 TO GO :whistling:

As i said in my earlier post everybody is in agreement with the benefits of the S/C over the performance

of the stock 'IS' but Can it really be worth the 3 grand if you mainly do travelling around town :question:

I can understand it, if like Si you mainly do M/WAY miles,also i thought the loading on ins is'nt bad i'd of

thought it would of been higher :ohmy:

Pete :D

just returned from blackpool

250 miles in 8 hours

= average 32 mph :sleeping:

i need more than a s/charger

why do they put the signs up saying 40 mph ,50 mph

if only you could reach them :angry::angry:

my main concerns are on the warranty as i hope to keep the car a few years

my other concern is would i buy a secondhand car with one ? (probably not, i would rather a as new condition, which hasnt been raced around( more than likely ) hence the q on wether it could be taken off, for resale ,what the eyes dont see etc:)

whereabouts in Londinium are you ? could take you for a spin it you want..........

near croydinium

sounds good to me

Bazza, r you in sanderstead, i think i've seen you

very likely

sanderstead is in middle of where i work and live

grew up there, went to school there (maybe a little to much info )

carshalton eh , went to college there

wave next time :D :lol:

carshalton eh , went to college there

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't that somewhere near Mitcham......

I seem to recognise the name...Drove through it a few times.

I'm from Middlesbrough in the north east, but my company offices are at Mitcham.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links