Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scruffy Interior Gs 300

Glyn Davies

I have just bought a GS300 with grey leather and carpets. I would really like to get them immaculate so need to know -

1. Best product for cleaning the leather (needs to be easily sourced and not too expensive...... high street would be best)

2. Should I get a valet done or can I get the inground dirt out of the carpets myself ? If so how and what with...

These may be basic things to you guys with all your experience but I have always had company cars and looked after them well, the previuos owner of this was obviously not concerened about the cosmetics of the car but spent a fortune on servicing etc, PS car has done 62,000 miles (evidenced) and I paid £1150 - does this seem an ok price? Car is standard and horrible burgundy colour :shutit: with 16 inch wheels.

Thanks

Glyn

Nowt wrong with the burgandy colour :whistling:

OOOPS............sorry tiger fish, not a good way to start is it by alienating long standing members.........your car looks great in that colour with the lowered suspension and alloys etc, 1st one I've seen apart from mine. Maybe I should rejoin as a different name and then I will omit the "horrible" and not offend anyone...........Sorry !!!! :sick:

Nowt wrong with the burgandy colour :whistling:

OOOPS............sorry tiger fish, not a good way to start is it by alienating long standing members.........your car looks great in that colour with the lowered suspension and alloys etc, 1st one I've seen apart from mine. Maybe I should rejoin as a different name and then I will omit the "horrible" and not offend anyone...........Sorry !!!! :sick:

No worries mate, the world would be a dull place if we all liked the same things :)

Welcome to the club mate! Don't mean any offence by this, but why buy the burgundy if you don't like it?

As for the carpets, if you've got a Vax or similar carpet cleaner, they should come out pretty good but a valet doesn't cost the earth and means you don't have to do it yourself! :)

For leather I'd recommend the Sonus Leather kit, you get two bottles and a sponge for about £15.

One bottle is a cleaner, the other a conditioner. It brings up the leather with a nice matt finish which looks much classier than shiny. I've used it on my IS200 and it worked a treat.

Welcome to the club mate! Don't mean any offence by this, but why buy the burgundy if you don't like it?

As for the carpets, if you've got a Vax or similar carpet cleaner, they should come out pretty good but a valet doesn't cost the earth and means you don't have to do it yourself! :)

Thanks for the advice....in response to your question I bought the car because I had seen about 8 or 9 and they were all rough so I went for the best motor. I think if I had not bought it because of the colour I may still be looking. I didn't know about this forum then but if I did I would have known there are a few for sale and may have been a bit more patient or looked further afield. I must say though that I am thoroughly impressed with it so have made the right decision. I would just like to add that it is great being able to get good advice from experienced owners like yourself and I thank everyone for their help.

For leather I'd recommend the Sonus Leather kit, you get two bottles and a sponge for about £15.

One bottle is a cleaner, the other a conditioner. It brings up the leather with a nice matt finish which looks much classier than shiny. I've used it on my IS200 and it worked a treat.

Cheers Paradoid....where do you get this kit from?

Where did your other topic I replied to disappear to?

Hi TigerFish....I think it might have been "confiscated" I believe I put the name Epay in it if you know what I mean....it was all in innocence as a new guy I didn't realise.....may that be a warning to you all out there.....lmao

Where did your other topic I replied to disappear to?

Hi TigerFish....I think it might have been "confiscated" I believe I put the name Epay in it if you know what I mean....it was all in innocence as a new guy I didn't realise.....may that be a warning to you all out there.....lmao

Strange. Should be noo problem mentioning eBay unless you are trying and sell something (through eBay or any other route) and are not a gold member on here. Maybe one of the admins can shed some light :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links