Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nitrous Is200

coolrides

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Prolex, so the premier tuning company will do a better job than WON themselves?? Doubt it.

Like i said coolrides, if you want it done, go direct to WON and be sure that u haven't been ripped off and are getting a quality install/product.

They have a discussion forum you may want to consider signing up to: http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/

loads of good info there. I got loads of useful advise when i signed up and was interested in a NOS kit for my IS. Only thing that's put me off is the fact that i'm risking the internals going pop if i go for it...... :crybaby:

i had emailed wizards of nos and got one reply back about options. same sort of price for kit + progressive controller, but when i emailed about fitting costs no reply. will try again.

you will NOT get insured.

I'm old and only found one company to insure the car......................

i had emailed wizards of nos and got one reply back about options. same sort of price for kit + progressive controller, but when i emailed about fitting costs no reply. will try again.

you will NOT get insured.

I'm old and only found one company to insure the car......................

i am with adrian flux still have to ask them but been told they should.

my idea may be at an end hear. have been looking for places that will refill bottles in northern ireland so far with no joy whatsoever. trying to do my homework before i get an install. any ideas of places that would keep nitrous for other use that would do the job?????

:crybaby:

my lab has NO2 cylinders........

sure i could negotiate a price....lol :whistling::lol::lol:

if only you were in northern ireland i would take you up on that. lol

Guys, guys, guys.. Its easy to fit the NOS kit.

1) Borrow Fargos (Pauls) threading kit

2) Run the hoses without brut force.

You'll save a lot this way.

Steve

hello my X long time nos speak, ive lost all my numbers due to my phone crashing,, give me a ring or drop me a text with your number, good to catch up.

@ coolride. ive got a fuel rail ALREADY tapped with the correct connector for the WON kit, the rail is for an IS300 though so dotn know if its the same for the 200.

in any case soem info on my install can be foudn here http://fargosys.com/html/nitrous_project.HTM

Guys, guys, guys.. Its easy to fit the NOS kit.

1) Borrow Fargos (Pauls) threading kit

2) Run the hoses without brut force.

You'll save a lot this way.

Steve

hello my X long time nos speak, ive lost all my numbers due to my phone crashing,, give me a ring or drop me a text with your number, good to catch up.

@ coolride. ive got a fuel rail ALREADY tapped with the correct connector for the WON kit, the rail is for an IS300 though so dotn know if its the same for the 200.

in any case soem info on my install can be foudn here http://fargosys.com/html/nitrous_project.HTM

sweet set up in your car. i dont know if the fuel rail would fit to be honest but my biggest prob at min is finding somewhere to fill the bottles in northern ireland. at a dead end at min. got a dentist appointment next week tho lol

NO2 is dirt cheap....pence in fact. the prices companies charge for a refill is daylight robbery. you would be better trying to source your own cylinder IMHO.

@Dave, i did think it was said tongue in cheek...... :whistling:

also, flux will insure. i have asked for myself. but its pricey, very pricey.

Dave, did yopu have uprated internals on ur turbo'd IS200 when u had NOS??

NO2 is dirt cheap....pence in fact. the prices companies charge for a refill is daylight robbery. you would be better trying to source your own cylinder IMHO.

@Dave, i did think it was said tongue in cheek...... :whistling:

also, flux will insure. i have asked for myself. but its pricey, very pricey.

Dave, did yopu have uprated internals on ur turbo'd IS200 when u had NOS??

No Rob, Dave had stanard internals at the time, it was when his car was superharged, before he put a turbo on :D

you see this is the thing......i asked in another thread regarding the safety implications of running a 50 shot of NOS with the TTE S/C and standard internals and never really got a clear cut answer.....

maybe its the case that there's no clear cut answer, but in fact a case of 'it may be o.k' but then again 'it may not'

when i spoke to WON, they said they had put a 75bhp kit on a smart car that had already had a turbo conversion. Apprently, the conrods in those are like chocolote strength and they had been told by the owner that he suspected one rod to be bending slightly already. Apparently the NOS system didn't lead to any further issues, but maybe that's just chance, rather than excess load causing too much stress. i dunno??

don't think its justifiable, for me anyhow, to upgrade all the internals based on the prices i've heard from some tuning companies :whistling:

can just the rods be re-inforced and would this eliminate the risk??

you see this is the thing......i asked in another thread regarding the safety implications of running a 50 shot of NOS with the TTE S/C and standard internals and never really got a clear cut answer.....

maybe its the case that there's no clear cut answer, but in fact a case of 'it may be o.k' but then again 'it may not'

when i spoke to WON, they said they had put a 75bhp kit on a smart car that had already had a turbo conversion. Apprently, the conrods in those are like chocolote strength and they had been told by the owner that he suspected one rod to be bending slightly already. Apparently the NOS system didn't lead to any further issues, but maybe that's just chance, rather than excess load causing too much stress. i dunno??

don't think its justifiable, for me anyhow, to upgrade all the internals based on the prices i've heard from some tuning companies :whistling:

can just the rods be re-inforced and would this eliminate the risk??

Pete Jenkin ran the noz on his supercharged is200 some yrs ago now, he had no problems that i know of, but as you say, its not clear cut.

You could just put different rods in, about £650- 800, and the cost to fit, the standard rods are so thin, i dont think you can do anything to help them.

surely but on a n/a engine a 50 or 75 shot would not be to bad on the engine internals??

wizard of nos got back to me today and gave me a local group who install their systems and refill bottles, they told me a 50 or 75 shot would not even need a progressive controller.

does this sound right? guess it would only be 200 or 225 bhp

oh and price was 1250 with 5lb bottle or 1500 with 11lb polished bottle. this includes fitting and dyno tested to suit what i want. just not sure if i should go without a progressive controller. have ordered a book to read up on it by the wizard of nos himself

surely but on a n/a engine a 50 or 75 shot would not be to bad on the engine internals??

wizard of nos got back to me today and gave me a local group who install their systems and refill bottles, they told me a 50 or 75 shot would not even need a progressive controller.

thats bollox

you need the progresive controller to feed the extra power in. Not having one puts the strain on the engine.

thats bollox

you need the progresive controller to feed the extra power in. Not having one puts the strain on the engine.

i think i would like one for piece of mind. will the chaeper minimax do the job or is it cr*p. it should handle the power if it has prog controller, right???

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links