Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Headlights

I had the same problem when i crashed mine, searched high and low all the scrap yards around for a decent pair but in the end i had to settle with eBay. For a normal standard pair i was looking at £350.

But then i noticed a pair from america for only £200ish and they had the halo rings so i bought em, had abit of hasstle fitting them though but was worth the £150 difference

thanks for you reply scott

I saw some interesting lights on eBay too, like:

or

or

and they all look the same thing from different seller. (gt_racers, xtream, ctrusa)

then there is this item from ebay: 310080125022 (gt_racers also)

which look most promising...

they are also made for IS300 and from what i understand there are some serious fitment incompatibility...

which one did you buy and from what seller. What is your option about the quality and performance of lighting?

and most important, what problems with fitment did you face?

thanks

I agree with stevie, On mine thats what failed the MOT. luckily i was able to get inside the lights and switch the lenses round so the beam dipped up in the right direction, not sure if you can do it on all lights though so if you bought some from abroad and cant sort it then youd have to buy some stupid lookin stickers to go over the front of the lights that deflect the beam, thats what i had to do til i finally decided to fix it <_<

Not too sure about how difficult the fitting was, i had a friend do it but according to him he had to cut a couple of bits out of the old light frame.

If i wer you just read the descriptions carefully and email the seller to make sure its going to fit your car for definite, because its gonna be abit of a pain if you buy lights from another country and then have to send them back

I wanted the projector lights on eBay too, but heard so much about fitting i didn't bother! I also tried IS300 lights which have the same fitting problems as the projector ones. Scott, how'd you manage to change the beam around?

There is also a place in US called AAC, have a youtube video too, they can do you a custom projector design and you can send your own lights to them.

I always wanted the standard rears but lit in LED (available in US) it seems the US is catered much much more for aftermarket lights than the UK!

Demitris, your other option is to buy some cheap eBay headlight (listed now) and take them apart, clean, spray, job done!

I wanted the projector lights on ebay too, but heard so much about fitting i didn't bother! I also tried IS300 lights which have the same fitting problems as the projector ones. Scott, how'd you manage to change the beam around?

There is also a place in US called AAC, have a youtube video too, they can do you a custom projector design and you can send your own lights to them.

I always wanted the standard rears but lit in LED (available in US) it seems the US is catered much much more for aftermarket lights than the UK!

Demitris, your other option is to buy some cheap ebay headlight (listed now) and take them apart, clean, spray, job done!

I just emailed the guy i bought them off sayin that he didnt mention they werent fit for UK roads in his advert and he just said it can be fixed by swapping the lenses infront of the bulb around but hed be happy to give me a refund.

So instead of tampering with them myself and losing out on the refund if something went wrong i emailed him back asking if he could do it to a set for me then send them out, and id send this set back, he said hed happily do it but then just kept emailing me saying 'il look into it'

So i got bored and had a bash myself, took some doing but i think their ok now. But if you were thinking of getting some id be careful

Does anyone know if car headlights in Hong Kong have the same beam pattern as UK?

As the lights Scott bought that he had to adjust, also for sale on eBay from Hong Kong who drive on the same side of the road as us!

So just wondering if they have the same law for MoT or similar, or would they be any different to the US ones on sale?

Item number: 150289778219

Does anyone know if car headlights in Hong Kong have the same beam pattern as UK?

Don't think the Hong Kong ones will work as they say street legal in US and Europe (which I'd assume to be Continental Europe)

However these ones say the beam is adjustable vertically and horizontally so I'd assume these would work...........LINK

However these ones say the beam is adjustable vertically and horizontally so I'd assume these would work...........LINK

Yeah, but how much can you adjust them horizontally ? I wouldn't have thought the horizontal adjustment would cater for switching the beams from one side to the other, I would have thought it's more of a fine adjustment. I could be wrong though.

I know this subject on the CCFL Halo Headlamps on eBay has been done to death now. But I was wondering if Hong Kong versions would be the same light pattern as ours in UK, both drive on the same side of the road so i mailed the seller in Hong Kong to which i got back....

...Hi, we have both RHD and LHD version so as long as you let us know which one you want, we will be able to send you the correct version of headlight, these headlights are fully legal on the road, it has adjustable unit and and with E-mark approval, we have many previous customers and all pass their country's road regulations, thank you for your interest please let us know if there is anything we can help.

What i want to know is if this guy is taking the Michael or what?

I also asked what the difference in the lights were, he said nothing except the light pattern which is made differently at the factory. Hmm?

220276958929 - This seller, this item.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links