Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Refurb,

aztecbandit1

As a few of you know i brought a set of Lexus alloys off Dave at JAE, so that i can have a play with different colours and styles so was just wondering what you guys and girls think to this one so far?

After i'd diamond filed and removed the scuffs from the outer rim and removing the blistering it wasnt looking too bad :) I chose to wet spray this one to see how it came out and used satin black paint but may change it to gloss to give it a good shine and match the polished edges??

2008_0905Wheelpics0010.jpg

2008_0905Wheelpics0008.jpg

2008_0905Wheelpics0014.jpg

2008_0905Wheelpics0023.jpg

2008_0905Wheelpics0019.jpg

What colour do you think i should do the centre of the spokes? The outside of the rim and edges of the spokes i'm in the process of polishing up to make them nice and shiny but do i spray the centres black, silver or even colour code them to the car?? :whistling: Thinking black at the moment with a sparkle laquer over the top??

:D

How about a nice pink :lol::lol:

Sorry for that. think black would look cool.

Why dont you do four different ones and see what you like best.

Then you will need a set of tyres for them :winky: :winky:

Now you know why i was asking about your tyres mate :lol: not sure if pink would look right though :blink::lol:

That is a fantastic finish mate, how did you do the diamond cut part? Do you have the proper tools (as in what a wheel refurb place would have) or something else?

I personally don't particularly like the silver on black look, the contrast is a bit too harsh, but that's just my opinion. I'd probably do it a darkish grey if it was me.........

As for the centre of the spokes, either the same grey as the back, or what about black chrome? It looks fantastic when the wheel design causes a lot of internal reflections :winky:

That is a fantastic finish mate, how did you do the diamond cut part? Do you have the proper tools (as in what a wheel refurb place would have) or something else?

I personally don't particularly like the silver on black look, the contrast is a bit too harsh, but that's just my opinion. I'd probably do it a darkish grey if it was me.........

As for the centre of the spokes, either the same grey as the back, or what about black chrome? It looks fantastic when the wheel design causes a lot of internal reflections :winky:

Thanks matey, The diamond cut part is done using very fine sandpaper to start with then finished off with a diamond file that i have, and then i'll be polishing it up using Autosol metal polish and my dremel hand tool to get it up to a bright shine :D

The colour is just a tester at the moment and just trying ideas out, but i've now got 4 alloys to practice on now so will try another colour combo in a while :D

Is there no end 2 your Tallent :whistling:

Your just 2 clever :winky:

Colours iv no idea Purple lol just cos its my fave :blush::tomato:

:lol: i do try :lol:

Also in the process of making a roof spoiler at the moment but its turning out to be a right pain in the rear :blink:

Think purple/lilac would look good on your Plat ice :D

I'm still not so keen on the black, but I have to say I'm seriously impressed with the finish you've got, it looks fantastic! :D

Well done for having a go, you've got me seriously tempted to have a go on my old 17s that are sitting in the garage but I know there's no way I'll get them looking like that :shutit:

P.S. Totally agree with you Stav, the original alloys have a great design, in 18 or 19" they'd be perfect :)

I'm still not so keen on the black, but I have to say I'm seriously impressed with the finish you've got, it looks fantastic! :D

Well done for having a go, you've got me seriously tempted to have a go on my old 17s that are sitting in the garage but I know there's no way I'll get them looking like that :shutit:

P.S. Totally agree with you Stav, the original alloys have a great design, in 18 or 19" they'd be perfect :)

Thanks matey , I've still got to polish the rim edges yet and apply the laquer so hopefully they will be a bit brighter on the next pic's :D

The satin spray i've used seems to give a nice flat shine to them so far but will see what happens after the laquer goes on :)

Then i'll start another one with a different colour scheme :ohmy:

looking good Chris cant wait to see the other 3.

When you going into the wheel refurb buisness :rolleyes:

Thanks matey, :D

Couldnt do it full time mate as you wouldn't believe how long it takes to sand one down,Diamond file the edges then mask the wheel up in different stages and all by hand :ohmy:

But it is quite interesting with the different ideas you can up with for different styles :)

Just gets better im well impressed :winky:

How many coats u pit on :question:

Carnt w8 2 c the others bet u aint bored now :whistling:

I put 3 coats of primer on and 3 coats of satin black and two sets of fingers polishing the rim :whistling:

Here you go Trudi one for yours :D

lilacrim.jpg

one for Stoney

greenrim.jpg

and one for me :lol:

redrim.jpg

just found out they look quite good a night with the polished rim looks quite blue but think its due to the camera phone pic's??

Lexwheelatnight.jpg

:D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links