Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Cross The Road

Bazza

A similar incident happend in Mitcham a few months ago to a 12 year old boy, luckily all he got was a bang on the head

(he had a huuuuge bump like a golf ball) and cuts and bruises. That was also at a crossing. Maybe we should ban crossings ??

(only kidding before I get slaughtered)

(or maybe we should ban children :yahoo:)

That was entirely his own fault, though i wont say he deserved it!

People who cross 5 meters from a crossing wind me up. I saw a couple the other day trying to cross next to a crossing, so i stopped in right front of them, they looked confused, tried to go behind so i reversed to block, tried to go in front and i shot forwards to block them again. The guy got pretty angry, i pointed to the zebra crossing FIVE METRES away. They got back on the pavement, and used the crossing, I gave way to them, of course. Got no time for muppets like that! was funny to do thou!

I see these kind of things every single day and it's really infuriating that the driver is made out to be the criminal. Not just public service drivers but ordinary drivers. I've known lots of cases where drivers have been sued (successfully) in similar incidents where it's not their fault. Is big brother watching you or watching out for you? I suspect that bus driver may think the latter!!

I can understand all of your points - and it would be totally unfair if the driver was punished in any way whatsoever.

However, if you look at the clip closely - It appears that the child was actually being chased by the other kids behind him - and was poss trying to escape. He also appears to "trip" on the railings and fall infront of the bus by accident - rather than just attempt to cross the road without looking. The fact is - we dont know the circumstances - so should perhaps not be too critical of the child in this instance.

just had a look at this on full screen

as i see it he was walking to the railing and decided to jump over , cought his foot on the top of the railing or slipped and fell. , dont think he was being chased as the kid direclty begind him jumped back onto the pavement , must have realised how bloody stupid it was ,

in that, if that IS how it happened, hes an *****, and deserves everything he got , and i hope the bus driver dont get fired cos of it. and if its not how it happened, then i needs my eyes testing or i want a bigger monitor

yes i do i have a 12 year old girl ,

Georgina knows how to cross the road safely and that playing near or on it is bloody stupid.

i take my daughter to school when i can while dropping fiona off at work and drive past a few schools in the process, fiona and myself are amazed some of these kids actually arrive or leave school. the way they have no road sence or awareness on the road,

for EG the bus stop they got off at is about 20 foot from the crossing, . do they use the crossing NO, walk right out infront or behind of the bus without looking , reminds me of a human version of "frogger" the way they run between cars, its mental or when you slow down for the lights they swarm across the road, ive had 2 aerials snapped of by the little sods

but like i said , if he was being a tit, then he got what he deserves, if he was being chaced, or running so he didnt get his head kicked in or stabbed, then i feel for him

plus

A . i didnt see him look right

B. why jump over the railings when a perfectly good left or right turn would have been an easier escape route ?

He was a 14 year old boy that possibly had his mind elsewhere and made a huge mistake. Yes he should have known better and used the crossing - but we all make mistakes from time to time - especially hormonal 14 year old boys.

He nearly paid the greatest price for his mistake and IMHO no child "deserves" to get run over by a bus.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links