Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloys Prototype...opinions?

scott2016

hey fellas, decided to throw the chroming idea out of the window and til i get abit of money saved for some decent alloys, a mate come up with the suggestion of painting my wheels black, He sprays cars and refurbs alloys as part of his job so he's offered to do it for me.

Had a completely trashed wheel in the shed, most of the paint was already off and Didnt have any propper tools to take the rest off so just did a quick job of spraying over it myself just to see how it would look,

Center cap was taped over before i sprayed it because i didnt really wanna waste it if it looked crap so thats why its looking abit dodgy :lol: .

214853124a8899429015l.jpg

Could do with your opinions before i go do the ones thats on my car, im not too sure myself...might look better if it werent matt? :unsure:

would say a semi gloss would look a bit better.. or a satin rather than a straight matt...

or how about having it in a gloss black with a body coloured blue lip around the edge

Scott this is what i did with mine mate have a look HERE!! :D I used the satin black on these ones and thats one of mine that i did above ^^^ :)

Very nice mate :) stripped that wheel back down again today and hit it with a full satin black, must say.....waaay better then the matt so cheers for the advice

214853124a8916820137l.jpg

Didnt bother doin the centre cap today though cos didnt have much time. but im pretty happy with it so il have my mate do all 4 of mine next week sometime.

You cant tell from the pic but had a slight issue..Right after putting the final coat on i lifted up the cloth that id wiped it down with after sanding.....got dust all over the thing while the paint was still wet :crybaby: ....but was just the tester wheel so its all guuurd :whistling:

Scott this is what i did with mine mate have a look HERE!! :D I used the satin black on these ones and thats one of mine that i did above ^^^ :)

Very nice mate :) stripped that wheel back down again today and hit it with a full satin black, must say.....waaay better then the matt so cheers for the advice

214853124a8916820137l.jpg

Didnt bother doin the centre cap today though cos didnt have much time. but im pretty happy with it so il have my mate do all 4 of mine next week sometime.

You cant tell from the pic but had a slight issue..Right after putting the final coat on i lifted up the cloth that id wiped it down with after sanding.....got dust all over the thing while the paint was still wet :crybaby: ....but was just the tester wheel so its all guuurd :whistling:

The satin does look a lot better matey :D The gloss seems a bit too much and the matt not enough ;)

And i know what your saying about the dust landing on the wet paint, i'd just sprayed the one in the pic above and the chap next door got his jet wash out to clean his fence off and when i went back to have a look at the wheel it was all spotty and covered in crud :crybaby: Dont you just love your neighbours sometimes :tsktsk:

Have you thought about high lighting the rim with the rim decals like you see on motorbikes? quite cheep to buy and do look very good on black wheels? :whistling:

Yea was thinking about it, a mate from work has a florescent green rim decals on his bikes black wheels and they look ace...could be tempted to see what it looks like with red like my callipers.

I used hammerite satin black paint mate on the tester wheel, but the friend of mine that's doing the other 4 alloys says he's going to try get some better stuff for me from work, not sure of a name though.

I copied off this vid

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

got told afters though i didnt need to strip the wheel right down, just give it a really fine sand down to get all the crap off and then i didnt need to spend money on primer but not sure yet...need it to be perfect :whistling:

look great matey. really like that......BUT........not on a white car. suits urs a treat and would look good on a fair few other colours, but i've never liked them on white so never been able to enjoy something like that on mine. bit more boring silver will have to do, lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links