Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help! Problem With Lights

Hi guys,

my rear right lights have all stopped working.indicator, brake light,etc.the indicators and the front lights on the same side are are working but flashing faster than usual which I guess is to alert me that some thing is wrong.they are standard tail lights and i have not had any problems before.

any ideas as to what it might be?

any help is greatly appreciated.

cheers.

If the indicators are flashing faster than usual on one side, this is usually because one of the indicator bulbs on that side has gone (less resistance for the circuit). Don't forget to check the side repeater as well as front and back.

I too would check the fuses as to why the lights aren't working.

If you've had a couple of things go wrong together, I wonder if there's a short somewhere and/or water coming in ?

Have you checked fuses/bulbs mate? I'm new to lexus ownership but that would be my first port of call ;)

bulbs seem ok.where will i find the fuses and how will i know which is which and if its gone?

thanks for your help

both front footwells mate, rear fogs arein passenger side the rest are in drivers side i think

bulbs seem ok.where will i find the fuses and how will i know which is which and if its gone?

thanks for your help

There are three fuseboxes. One in the engine bay (passenger side), and one in each footwell, on the side. On the back of the cover of each it tells you which fuse does what.

I am not sure but I would have thought that if you pull the fuse out it will be obvious if it is still working, e.g. if the fuse wire has burned through ?

If the indicators are flashing faster than usual on one side, this is usually because one of the indicator bulbs on that side has gone (less resistance for the circuit). Don't forget to check the side repeater as well as front and back.

I too would check the fuses as to why the lights aren't working.

If you've had a couple of things go wrong together, I wonder if there's a short somewhere and/or water coming in ?

the side repeaters are working alright but flashing faster than usual the same as the front.there is no sign of water after getting in near or around the lights.where can I find the fuses?if it has gone can they be pick up in an auto factors or will i have to go to Toyota.

thanks for your help.

the side repeaters are working alright but flashing faster than usual the same as the front.there is no sign of water after getting in near or around the lights.where can I find the fuses?if it has gone can they be pick up in an auto factors or will i have to go to Toyota.

thanks for your help.

Has the back indicator stopped working ? If so, this is why your indicators are flashing faster than usual.

Yes, you should easily be able to get spare fuses at a car parts shop. But if a fuse has blown, it might be that when you put a new one in it blows again straight away or soon after, fuses don't normally just blow for no reason.

thanks for your help.

Has the back indicator stopped working ? If so, this is why your indicators are flashing faster than usual.

Yes, you should easily be able to get spare fuses at a car parts shop. But if a fuse has blown, it might be that when you put a new one in it blows again straight away or soon after, fuses don't normally just blow for no reason.

the right rear tail light as a whole is not working at all.both fog lights,center brake light and left tail light all function perfectly.

there is a fuse marked "tail" in the drivers foot well might this be the one to be replaced or this fuse was gone would all the tail lights be out??

thanks in advance

thanks for your help.

the right rear tail light as a whole is not working at all.both fog lights,center brake light and left tail light all function perfectly.

there is a fuse marked "tail" in the drivers foot well might this be the one to be replaced or this fuse was gone would all the tail lights be out??

thanks in advance

do fronts work?

thanks for your help.

thanks in advance

do fronts work?

yeah they all work

if all front are working but all rear are not

so both rear clusters, and the bootlid lamps, id look at the block connectors located where the loom passes through the rear bulkhead, there are a few, on the rh side, looking at the rear, remove the rear seat back, and you will see them, there is also another block connector on the lh side, but this connects the alarm siren and the fuel pump/sender looms

one of the block connectors on the rh side is the grouped earths.

also, behind the lh boot liner...looking into the boot, there is the failed lights sensor, and another 2 block connectors, again one is a grouped earth block

if all front are working but all rear are not

so both rear clusters, and the bootlid lamps

I could be wrong, but I think it's just the driver's side rear lights that aren't working on roundymoody's car.

my rear right lights have all stopped working.indicator, brake light,etc.the indicators and the front lights on the same side are are working

Reads like all......

will wait to hear otherwise.... :question:

i thought fast flashing indicators were just a general sign that a fuse had blown. I never really thought about it before but i assumed it was an ecu function.

The flashing speed is set by the resistance in the circuit, if a bulb or two are out, the others will flash faster, similarly with a bad earth. That is why if you fit LED bulbs, you will need load resistors in order for them to flash the correct speed.

All you can tell from the front indicators flashing too fast, is that there is a problem with the rears. But you know that!

if its all the lights could it not be the block connector ???

A good suggestion. Check it out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links