Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Combe This Saturday

rhaines

Just wondered if anyone was interested in going down to Combe this Saturday, I will be there from 9am as it is an open track day... £8 entrance and £20 for 5 laps.

All sorts fo cars going to be on-site from MR2's to maxed Nova's to Skylines toCaterhams and Tigers...

Should be a great day out and a cheap way to get your toys on track....

Hope to see some of you there

Ryan

I'd have loved to have come along but I have to go out trying on bridesmaid's dresses (ok, ok, I'm too old to be a bridesmaid but it sounds better than maid of honour!).

Have fun, hope some other's from LOC can make it!

Would be nice to see any of the LOC members make it, with no repsonses this could be the first meet where the TOC members outnumber the LOC members :) Even if there are some really small numbers :)

Would be nice to see any of the LOC members make it, with no repsonses this could be the first meet where the TOC members outnumber the LOC members :) Even if there are some really small numbers :)

OK - can't have that......... where's my diary for this weekend........ :unsure: :D

Zee,i can see from your sig that you have now come clean

about the secret squirrel stuff :whistling:

was wondering what was coming in may :question:

nice one :yahoo:

Pete :D :D

I have indeed pal.......... about time too....! :yahoo:

Just wondered if anyone was interested in going down to Combe this Saturday, I will be there from 9am as it is an open track day... £8 entrance and £20 for 5 laps.

All sorts fo cars going to be on-site from MR2's to maxed Nova's to Skylines toCaterhams and Tigers...

Should be a great day out and a cheap way to get your toys on track....

Hope to see some of you there

Ryan

More info please! I've got some tyres to shred before I get my 18"s :lol:

Where is this place?

It is Castle Combe, this Saturday it's open to anyone who wants to attend so off-track will be a free for all although £8 entrance....

There are a number of track sessions costing £20 for 5 laps which are open to everyone with an MOT/Tax and Helmet, am sure there will be enough helmets around as I know a number of people in the MR2 clubs and other clubs that asre attending, although better to bring your own....

So far I know there will be MR2's, Tigers, Caterhams, Scoobys and have heard Skylines but can't confirm.

Should be a pretty good day out with all sorts turning out...

Castle Combe is located just off junction 17 or 18 of the M4, 18 is easier access if I recall correctly....

Wish I'd read this post before I went to Castle Combe today. :(

I have just got back after going with a friend in his Toyota Celica GT4.

Kept an eye out for any other IS200's but only saw a silver S and a green SE. No Teamlexus stickers though.

Saw the MR2 boys (I think I even spotted Rhaines missing a corner but not causing any damage).

Certainly didn't see Zee though.

Thoruughly enojoyed the day just spectating! :hehe:

Fidgits - you must live in Calne or Melksham then???? :blink:

I think I even spotted Rhaines missing a corner but not causing any damage

If it was at Bobbies (the second chicane) and the t-bars were out, then yes it was me, I mucked up the gear change, went into 4th and didn't fancy trying to get through the chicane in fourth gear. That was the morning session (first time at combe) where I was the slowest/most nervous person on track.....

Went out again at about 12.30 to try again and the tyres screaming for forgiveness (or screaming out of enjoyment not sure which), drifting through quarry felt amazing although at the same time nerve racking as you weren't sure if it was going to bite or you were going to go on the grass and The Esses and Bobbies (the two chicanes) were just absolutely amazing with the hard braking, sharp right hand in's and powering through the apex, it was a stunning day and can't wait to go back, roll on Jap Fest....

It was great to see Fidgets, and from TOC Badger and Scot were there, so it was probably the lowest turn out to a meet but the first meet where TOC outnumbered LOC :P Well that's my argument anyway.....

Photo's are being sorted out and as soon as they're ready I'll post them up.....

It was bobbies I saw you at. :D Don't worry you did the right thing and went straight on. :lol:

Well Rhaines you have a lot of guts to take your pride and joy out on the track in the first place. I witnessed some driving I wouldn't have liked to have been in close proximity to. :unsure:

A friend gave me a set of MPEG videos taken from inside the Norris designs EVO going round the track and it looks totally different from the drivers seat than it does standing on the bank. Mix that with some loonies in a beat up old Subaru estate and it 's a recipe for disaster. :whistling: Great to watch though!!!

Great pics too! :hehe:

There were some loonies on track that I would rather have not seen in my rear view as well, was overtaken on the apex of Quarry right in the red zone which wasn't supposed to happen :iraqi-info-minister:

Still not sure whether it was gut's or stupidity that got me out on track, all I know is I want to go out a hell of a lot more :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I would love to see the MPG's your friend has, are they on the web ?

The off at bobbies I think was the second or third lap around combe, you must have spotted the nerves as everyhting was overtaking me :angry:

If your mate has any pics of the day I would love to see them....

We both forgot to take a camera with us on the big day so I haven't got any photos to show I'm afraid.

I started to upload these movies but realised too late that they are quite large. The one in the gallery is 7.3mb (Sorry STEVE).

Scare yourself! :yahoo:

To see the other MPG's go to http://www.norrisdesigns.com/ then select 'demo cars' and 'ND Videos' from the Feature cars section :yahoo:

Enjoy! ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk