Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Illuminated Entry System And Auto Dimming External Mirrors

Hi all

I'm thinking of buying a 57 or 08 registered 250SE or SEL. In the brochure it says the "Illuminated entry system with white LED" and the "outside rear view electro-chromatic (auto dimming) mirrors" are standard across the whole IS range. I thought it was only on the SEL that these were standard?

Also am I right in thinking that the white LED entry system are the lights in the aluminium scuff plates?

Many thanks

Roger

Also am I right in thinking that the white LED entry system are the lights in the aluminium scuff plates?

Many thanks

Roger

I think this refers to the white lights in the door mirrors that illuminate the floor as you approach the car.

the scuff plate lights in my 07 reg are blue but i think they did change just not sure when.

The illuminated entry it talks about are not the scuff plates, they're the lights that light up the cabin, i.e. the lights that point at different parts of the interior (steering wheel, gear stick, centre console, etc)

Yes, the lights are the interior and exterior mirror puddle lights. The scuff lights come on when you open the door. Mine too are blue but I do believe they changed them to white.

I'm not sure if both of these are standard on the SE though? I though the scuff's were only SEL but I may be wrong.

Hi all, Many thanks for clearing up my confusion on this one. Sometimes I feel the Lexus brochure, UK web site and sales staff lack some information especially when compared with the amount of detail on the USA Lexus web site.

Best regards

Roger

Hi all, Many thanks for clearing up my confusion on this one. Sometimes I feel the Lexus brochure, UK web site and sales staff lack some information especially when compared with the amount of detail on the USA Lexus web site.

Best regards

Roger

Lack of product knowledge at the dealerships blites any customer experince, especially when the sales man takes a brochure out and reads it to you as soon as you ask them a question... :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links