Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

Can you help me.I have a ls430 2004 with total closure problems.If I hold down the unlock button on the key fob the car unlocks, & all the windows & sunroof open thats fine but when I lock the car with the key fob & hold the lock button down the car locks but the windows & sunroof stay open.The only way I can close the windows & sunroof is turn the ignition on & activate the switches manually.Is the any way this can be reprogramed or has it got to go to the dealer to be sorted.Any advise please

Hi all

Can you help me.I have a ls430 2004 with total closure problems.If I hold down the unlock button on the key fob the car unlocks, & all the windows & sunroof open thats fine but when I lock the car with the key fob & hold the lock button down the car locks but the windows & sunroof stay open.The only way I can close the windows & sunroof is turn the ignition on & activate the switches manually.Is the any way this can be reprogramed or has it got to go to the dealer to be sorted.Any advise please

Hi

Welcome to LOC.

As far as I know there is no way to turn this feature on/off. There are various options the dealer can do, this maybe one of them. It will cost nothing to ask them.

Does the "one touch" feature work OK. You could try resetting the windows, wind them all the way down one at a time with your finger on the button, leave it on the button for about 5 secs with the window open, then close them the same way and leave your finger on the button when closed for about 5 secs.... Do the same for the sunroof...It may work

Good Luck

Pete

Hi all

Hi

Welcome to LOC.

As far as I know there is no way to turn this feature on/off. There are various options the dealer can do, this maybe one of them. It will cost nothing to ask them.

Does the "one touch" feature work OK. You could try resetting the windows, wind them all the way down one at a time with your finger on the button, leave it on the button for about 5 secs with the window open, then close them the same way and leave your finger on the button when closed for about 5 secs.... Do the same for the sunroof...It may work

Good Luck

Pete

Thanks for your prompt reply

It works on the unlock button when held down but not on lock when button is held down.I have spoken to the dealer.I told them I have only purchased this car last week.They say it will be a chargeable job & not done under warranty.They say that's how the customer that owned it before me would have had it programmed.I said is that not a bit weird that all the windows & sunroof can open on a press of yje unlock button but will not close on the press of the lock button.He said NO.They want £29.00.So much for Lexus customer care.I will give your way a go tomorrow & let you know

If the "lock" feature was set to work as a standard setting when the car was new you should be able to get it re-set FOC, unless it was pointed out to you when you purchased the car. I take it that you are pressing the lock button, releasing it and then pressing again for 4 or 5 seconds for it to activate.

If the "lock" feature was set to work as a standard setting when the car was new you should be able to get it re-set FOC, unless it was pointed out to you when you purchased the car. I take it that you are pressing the lock button, releasing it and then pressing again for 4 or 5 seconds for it to activate.

I,ve tried that too locking it,releasing the button then holding the lock button down & it still don,t work.It opens all windows & sunroof on unlock button but not on lock.I think it is a standard feature on the car.Why on earth would you be able to open all the windows & sunroof by the press of a the unlock button when held down & not be able to close all the windows & sunroof by the press of the lock button held down.They want £29.00 to set it.Principle really.

hi mate, welcome to LOC

Mine is the same, i raised the question with a Lexus technician and he told me they can be opened by pressing unlock but cannot be closed using lock

there is one other way however and that is : retract the actual key from the fob, insert it into the door lock and twist 2 lock

hold it and everything will start to shut.

Still means going over to the car though!

hope this helps. he did give me a reason why they have not enabled the feature but not sure what it was now

thanks

Anuj

Why on earth would you be able to open all the windows & sunroof by the press of a the unlock button when held down & not be able to close all the windows & sunroof by the press of the lock button held down.

I imagine it might be a safety concern on the part of the previous owner. Now and then you hear a horror story of some young kid getting trapped in a closing window . . . I could understand it if he didn't want to take the chance.

Chris

Why on earth would you be able to open all the windows & sunroof by the press of a the unlock button when held down & not be able to close all the windows & sunroof by the press of the lock button held down.

I imagine it might be a safety concern on the part of the previous owner. Now and then you hear a horror story of some young kid getting trapped in a closing window . . . I could understand it if he didn't want to take the chance.

Chris

Lexus fit anti-trap systems to their windows and sunroof to prevent this.

I can assure you that the GS WILL both open and close all windows and sunroof on pressing and holding the open or close button on the remote!

They are set like this from new and mine has remained that way since I took delivery of it.

I would try another dealer who has a technician who knows what he's talking about !!

The Ed

Hi all

o.k I went to dealer today at Hatfield.They took the car into the workshop & plugged their diagnostic machine in & after about an hour came out & said it can't be done it is set from factory to open the windows & sunroof on the unlock button Not for the lock side on the fob.The only way It will close all the windows & sunroof is with the key in the door lock & held to the lock position.It can't be programmed any other way.To put the lid on it they still charged me £29.00 + vat for their time even though I was told on Saturday they could do it.Total waist of money that was.Mine is on a 54 plate if that makes any odds.

I know they do. But I could still understand someone being worried enough about it to want to eliminate the possibility.

Hi all

o.k I went to dealer today at Hatfield.They took the car into the workshop & plugged their diagnostic machine in & after about an hour came out & said it can't be done it is set from factory to open the windows & sunroof on the unlock button Not for the lock side on the fob.The only way It will close all the windows & sunroof is with the key in the door lock & held to the lock position.It can't be programmed any other way.To put the lid on it they still charged me £29.00 + vat for their time even though I was told on Saturday they could do it.Total waist of money that was.Mine is on a 54 plate if that makes any odds.

Hi

Just found this on the Lexus manual, it appears your car has a foreign ECU in it as the feature you are missing is fitted for the UK market but not for some other markets, if your car has a full Lexus history I think I would go back to Lexus and ask for their comments because as can be seen it should have this feature... or is your car an import, if it is it should say something like "Used and/or registered in a foreign country prior to the UK" on the V5 registration document.

scan-4.jpg

Good Luck, let us know what happens.

Pete

I know they do. But I could still understand someone being worried enough about it to want to eliminate the possibility.

Perhaps he saw this link http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-sC-vSIXk

Is that REALLY the cat's head disappearing into the car? Yuk! :crybaby:

Hi all

Hi

Just found this on the Lexus manual, it appears your car has a foreign ECU in it as the feature you are missing is fitted for the UK market but not for some other markets, if your car has a full Lexus history I think I would go back to Lexus and ask for their comments because as can be seen it should have this feature... or is your car an import, if it is it should say something like "Used and/or registered in a foreign country prior to the UK" on the V5 registration document.

scan-4.jpg

Pete

Hi Cheers for that.I have been doing some research on this & this is what I have found.In August 2004 they brought out new features which included Pre Crash Safety System only avaliable for Europe models ONLY & Dynamic Radar Cruise Control System which my car has.As for customising parameters on the full closure side of things.I believe this is not possible,all you can do is door/key-linked p/w up default is On contents of this setting is Function that raises all windows & roof with ignition switched OFF,key is used to hold driver door key cylinder to lock position for more than 1.5 seconds.This setting can be turned on or off in diagnostic menu & as for opening the windows & roof door/key-linked p/w down default is On contents of this setting is Function that lowers all windows & roof with ignition switched OFF,key is used to hold driver door key cylinder to unlock position for more than 1.5 seconds.Keyfob unlock button held will also open roof & sunroof.Nothing available for keyfob lock button when held.Not yet anyway.It will though watch this space

I have a 2005 LS430 that I bought from Germany. It has the radar cruise control aswell and my windows also dont open when I hold down the button. I ordered a new set of manuals when I bought the car as the ones that came with it were in German and it doesnt list this as a feature. It seems that the European ECU is programmed slightly different for some reason.

Hi all

Hi

scan-4.jpg

Pete

Hi Cheers for that.I have been doing some research on this & this is what I have found.In August 2004 they brought out new features which included Pre Crash Safety System only avaliable for Europe models ONLY & Dynamic Radar Cruise Control System which my car has.As for customising parameters on the full closure side of things.I believe this is not possible,all you can do is door/key-linked p/w up default is On contents of this setting is Function that raises all windows & roof with ignition switched OFF,key is used to hold driver door key cylinder to lock position for more than 1.5 seconds.This setting can be turned on or off in diagnostic menu & as for opening the windows & roof door/key-linked p/w down default is On contents of this setting is Function that lowers all windows & roof with ignition switched OFF,key is used to hold driver door key cylinder to unlock position for more than 1.5 seconds.Keyfob unlock button held will also open roof & sunroof.Nothing available for keyfob lock button when held.Not yet anyway.It will though watch this space

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links