Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Couple Of Is 250se Questions

Hi folks, just got myself a second hand IS250 SE Auto, 55 reg, MM, silver with black trim and 40k miles.

My first ever Lexus. Had a Mazda 6 54 plate and hadn't even thought of the lexus but so far very impressed.

Been messing about with the MM and have somehow made the on screen button dissapear which changes the display from night to day. This makes the map appear very bright at night.

Car manual doesn't say much so does anyone know how to find the button again/change it?

Also, I-pod. The car came to me without a lead to connect an I-pod to the aux point. Where do I get one. Would it have to be Lexus or would HMV provide such a thing.

Or is it something less simple than a wee lead.

Thanks for reading.

Oh, also is the 'ratching' noise normal when i press the start button? Pleased tell me it is and isn't supposed to be silent.

Hi folks, just got myself a second hand IS250 SE Auto, 55 reg, MM, silver with black trim and 40k miles.

My first ever Lexus. Had a Mazda 6 54 plate and hadn't even thought of the lexus but so far very impressed.

Been messing about with the MM and have somehow made the on screen button dissapear which changes the display from night to day. This makes the map appear very bright at night.

Car manual doesn't say much so does anyone know how to find the button again/change it?

Also, I-pod. The car came to me without a lead to connect an I-pod to the aux point. Where do I get one. Would it have to be Lexus or would HMV provide such a thing.

Thanks for reading.

Oh, also is the 'ratching' noise normal when i press the start button? Pleased tell me it is and isn't supposed to be silent.

By your right knee is the "dimmer" for the dash. If it is on "full" and past the click, it will by pass the day/night settings...and your screen will remain "in yer face" even after bed time...

Turn it to the left (anticlock) if I recall...

Go enjoy....

The ratchet noise a small "borrower" who switches the steering lock on ;-) or is it when the dials do their dance?

Thanks for reading.

The IPod cable is a normal 3.5 mm jack cable (male on both ends). You can buy it from anywhere. Note that while having this connected and charging your ipod in the car there is going to be an annoying buzz in the background... thats why I don't use the IPod in the car.

The 'ratching' noise is normal.

The ratching noise when the dials to their sweep is not normal. My first IS didn't do it from new and then started doing it at about 10k miles. When I enquired with the service tech he told me this was normal and I believed him. My new IS has done 15k miles and has never done it - the dials sweep silently.

Agree too....I had my instrument cluster replaced at 25k due to ratching when dials done the sweep

Its started to do it again with 55K on the clock (80k actual) so guess I'll need to live with it as its out of warranty and i'm bloody sure that a new instrument won't be cheap

I've also noticed that the stearing lock is louder than before when it disengages....the car is no where near as quiet as it was 3 years ago :(

Agree with - The ratching noise when the dials to their sweep is not normal.

Agree too...though mine has never made any noise so can't comment on 'ratching', or whatever that sounds like. :unsure:

Apologies then... it seems the noise its not normal. The thing is all the 220d SE courtesy cars I've taken have had that noise. I don't hear it in mine because the electric steering wheel already makes plenty of noise while coming out when starting, so I thought it was normal on models without the electric steering wheel.

The IPod cable is a normal 3.5 mm jack cable (male on both ends). You can buy it from anywhere. Note that while having this connected and charging your ipod in the car there is going to be an annoying buzz in the background... thats why I don't use the IPod in the car.

The 'ratching' noise is normal.

The ratching noise is not normal and will be repaired under warranty.

Also, the buzz when it is being charged is a known issue and will be done under warranty no probs. You can get the filters yourself though in Maplin for a tenner that cut out the buzz. Just put them inline with the audio input jack. Its just a ground loop isolator.

Thanks for the replies. Bought the car from a non-Lexus dealer so I will have to check the warranty to see if that noise is covered. I very much doubt it though.

Incidently, how long is the Lexus warranty? The car is Nov 2005. If it's for 3 years, is the car still under warranty even though it has a new owner (me) and not bought from lexus?

Ta

Standard Lexus warranty is 3 years. Body has a 12 years corrosion warranty.

I had a Petrol IS250 SE Manual from new for 3 years and it never made a ratchet sound. The new IS250 SR Auto I have just collected doesn't make a sound either, so not sure what your referring to.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links