Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

carbon addict

hey all

not an owner yet as im only 19 but im looking at an is200 for my 20th birthday so im here for research.

if i was to get a 200 i have major plans for it :D

i currently drive a 2007 mitsubishi colt 1.1 which just doesnt cut it anymore its 74 bhp isnt enough! especially after driving the old dears impreza!

anyway i hope to find out what i need so i will be putting your search button to the test!

Dave

omg a colt owner! lol...welcome to the forum mate from a fellow ex colt owner. I used to be a very well known member on mitsucolt before its demise and the demise of my CJ colt. From the colt I went onto a civic which I've still got and only recently got my lex. Hope you enjoy the club mate. Plenty of really friendly poeple on here and I'm sure u'll get all the information you need.

yeh i shall be taking it easy dont want to stack it!

regan mitsucolt closed down its now coltuk.org i have newer shape colt an 07 plate which i will be using to trade against the is (hopefully) my choices were the is200 or a ek9 type R but there is only so much you can do with a FWD!

• 1 year later...

Well talk about dragging up an old post!

well i didnt get the Lexus i ended up buying a Colt CZT 1.5 turbo and got it remapped added full exhaust/ hard pipe kit/ air filter/ various hoses and am running around 207 bhp and in desprate need of a map tweek.

BUUT im not enjoying the car anymore. i was never really sure on buying it in the 1st place as i did have my heart set on an IS200. Now im looking for one again but ( yes another but ) i dont think i could cope with to much power loss! a stock CZT 0-60 is 7.4 seconds and mine must be in the high 6's atleast. Now the big question is how easy is it to get an IS to this sort of 0-60? is it cost effective? it would HAVE to be the 200 not 250 for insurance purposes! ( paying 182 a MONTH on the czt with mods declaiers! :o OUCH!) the IS should be cheaper to run/maintain easier to modify/tune be comfier and im hoping more entertaining.

Any help would be most apreciated people and sorry for all the questions!

Dave

the IS should be cheaper to run/maintain easier to modify/tune be comfier and im hoping more entertaining.

Sorry, but no, only way to get more power is supercharge(£2K+) it or turbo charge (£5K+) it.

IS300 or Altezza probably the better options, tho the tezza looses some stoy's / comforts if that is important to you?

the IS should be cheaper to run/maintain easier to modify/tune be comfier and im hoping more entertaining.

Sorry, but no, only way to get more power is supercharge(£2K+) it or turbo charge (£5K+) it.

IS300 or Altezza probably the better options, tho the tezza looses some stoy's / comforts if that is important to you?

Toys im not to bothered with at the moment i have aircon/power steering/ hard sports seats thats about as much as you get in the colt.

when you say looses some what do you end up with? i think and IS300 would be out of my insurance range.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links