Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Looks like the piece of kit you will need to get the image to your screen, do they supply instructions on tapping

into your reverse light feed to suply the auto switchover when you select reverse ?

Also their cameras are big & nasty compared to the one I have fitted to mine which is quite easily hidden.

ReverseCamera3.jpg

ReverseCamera.jpg

reversecameraud.jpg

Cheers Wozza

Must admit I don't want something which is going to show up too mucn.

Yours looks really neat and tidy.

Have decided I will ask the guy who fitted my Parrot handsfree kit about this. (Was recommended by local Lexus dealer.)

I remember him saying he could convert the display to play dvd's so I'm pretty sure he can manage this type of thing.

I holeheartedly recommend the camera I have fitted as it has a clear wide angle picture,

even in low light/dusk conditions.

ReverseCameraDusk.jpg

On the IS200 you can't mount the camera directly in the centre of the bootlid (boot lock),

but even with it offset, when angled/fitted correctly you get a perfect horizontal image of

whatever is behind you....(see the number plate/bumpers) in the pics

Rear1.jpg

Rear2.jpg

the very slight fish eye effect is because of the very wide angle of the camera.

Hope this helps ya mate.

Why are the no. plates reversed if it is a camera and not a mirror.

But look Picture 1 and 3 are reversed while 2 is correct......

I know its a reversing camera but......

What is the make of camera BTW it takes a good picture and is really neat.

Why are the no. plates reversed if it is a camera and not a mirror.

But look Picture 1 and 3 are reversed while 2 is correct......

I know its a reversing camera but......

What is the make of camera BTW it takes a good picture and is really neat.

If the image isn't reversed, the image on the screen would be the opposite of what you're actually looking at - i.e. the right of the car would be on the left of the screen, so you would need to steer in the opposite direction to avoid any obstacles.......

Does that make sense?

And all the pics are reversed, even no.2 :)

As Parthiban explained above (and it is difficult to explain :unsure:) when veiwing through a reverse camera,

objects I see to the right of the picture, are to the right of the car in real life and vice versa for left side etc....

if it were any other was round, it would be most confusing when reversing !!

It is exactly the way it should be, and perfect in use :D

Re the make of camera is unknown, I was advised by an elecronics expert as to the specifications to get

for the best possible picture (high quality & the correct sweep of wide angle horizontally & vertically), &

it turned out Pro-Lex UK had just imported some from the far east to the specs I needed. Result !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links