Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Virgin Needs Advice.

tommyk

Hi all,

My other half is looking at purchasing an is200. We were looking at a few but 1 tidy one, albeit it having high mileage, jumped out at us. It is a 2000 reg and has just over 150k miles on the clock but has the benefit of a full service history and recent clutch/timing belt change. She is buying with the intention of not changing it for a few years yet - can anyone tell me the lifespan of an is 200 engine? Also, is there any other problems to watch out for at this mileage?

Thanks in advance for your help.

What kind of fuel consumption is realistic from one? I've heard it won't go over 30mpg.

The missus will be doing a 50mile round trip each day, can anyone comment of fuel consumption for similiar commutes?

Thanks again.

Welcome to LOC mate :) What sort of drive is the 50 miles, ie is it all twisty roads or city traffic or motorways?

If it's motorways then you'd probably be looking at a full tank probably every week and a half going off the figures on here, if it's city driving and twisties that could easily go up to once a week depending on how she drives!

As an estimate I'm going off 400 miles to the tank on a motorway and 250 in the city or twisties but even they might be high figures!

What kind of fuel consumption is realistic from one? I've heard it won't go over 30mpg.

The missus will be doing a 50mile round trip each day, can anyone comment of fuel consumption for similiar commutes?

Thanks again.

Welcome to LOC fella.

I do about 120 miles a week on £20 and that's mostly pottering around not on motorways or anything so i'd guess for 250 miles a week around £50-£60 a week maybe less if she lays off the gas.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links