Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stunning Front Bumper

ormi

Just the thought of GRP bodykits makes me shudder... I remember in my younger days helping my mate to fit a Cosworth 'replica' bodykit to a Sierra Sapphire...

Hours and hours of sanding and shaving and filling... dust, blisters and almost passing out from the solvent fumes of the filler. Fun it was not.

Got it fitted alright. Looked terrible. We thought it was the business tho B) B)

ahhh the innocence of youth!

I wonder if that's where Patrik got his from the other day?

Yep, that is correct :) My temporary solution until I find a second hand genuine Legana. Then I will crush this one with a sledge hammer :P It's currently at the paint shop. Hopefully I can fit it on saturday.

dsc0080ho4.jpg

dsc0076kf3.jpg

dsc0076croprr6.jpg

Then I will crush this one with a sledge hammer :P

If you do that you have to take pics, it would be like the photocopier scene from Office Space :D

With the work you've done to make that one fit I'm sure you could sell it easily when you have the new one on the car?

Then I will crush this one with a sledge hammer :P

If you do that you have to take pics, it would be like the photocopier scene from Office Space :D

With the work you've done to make that one fit I'm sure you could sell it easily when you have the new one on the car?

I certainly will. I love that Office space scene :)

office-space.jpg

I have made mine fit, but if you look closely you can easily see that this is not an oem part. I really don't like fibreglass.

How bad was the fit on yours Patrik? did it need a lot of trimming? :unsure:
The fit on that looks really good! Was that a lot of work then?

I mentioned a bit about it in my project thread: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=54957

It wasn't a good fit at all when it arrived. I could probably have sent it back and got a new one, but it wouldn't be worth doing that from Sweden. However, fibreglass turned out to be a really easy material to work with and I think most people would be able to modify it with the proper tools.

If the bumper is fitting ok then where is the problem. Fair enough if you clip a kerb and it cracks etc etc then obviously you would seek to fit a genuine one but I don't see why you would want to change it before then??

I mentioned that in the Legana bumper thread, actually :)

Since every other body part I've bought is either Toyota, TRD or TTE it just doesn't feel right using a replica, regardless of whether or not anyone else knows it. But you're right, I should at least use it until I break it. My current TRD front lip is really scratched underneath, so I suspect it might happen soon.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=56369

There are quite a few fiberglass and FRP copies out there and some of them may fit as good as the genuine one, but it just wouldn’t feel right to buy one of those. Here’s a bumper that’s been developed by Toyota on the other side of the earth and as with most car parts, they probably spent huge amounts of money and time designing it. The Legana bumper is named after an annual rally in which it took part and won three years in a row (Not the bumper itself, but the IS200 that was wearing it). That means it’s got a history. You can drive around knowing that your bumper was made for a purpose, not just to help the fiberglass bloke in Hong Kong afford his hot dog.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links