Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there lexus owners.

I have owned a Honda Jazz which i have been driving for the last 2 years. I am now thinking of getting a second hand very low on the clock IS250 in manual or auto which i will be insuring with my dad. I am 19 years old myself and have been driving manual since the day i passed and my dad has for 33 years. I am not sure if i should get auto because i am used to manual. Has anyone changed from manual to auto what is it like in the IS250? Is it better then the manual IS250?

:huh:

Auto every time.

As a young'n you might like stirring the box a bit, but don't fret - the Auto has them paddles behind the steering which are quite fun...and once you'v had a manual, you can't forget how to drive them - it's like riding a bike.

The other thing- the Jazz has a lovely light gear change, not notchy at all, but the Lexus manuals that I drove can feel a bit heavy at times...Lexus make fantastic Auto's, Toyota make great manuals...

Hi there lexus owners.

I have owned a Honda Jazz which i have been driving for the last 2 years. I am now thinking of getting a second hand very low on the clock IS250 in manual or auto which i will be insuring with my dad. I am 19 years old myself and have been driving manual since the day i passed and my dad has for 33 years. I am not sure if i should get auto because i am used to manual. Has anyone changed from manual to auto what is it like in the IS250? Is it better then the manual IS250?

:huh:

I agree with the others so far n this, providing you have a decent sized engine, which obviously the IS has, then auto is the only way to go. The paddles are fun and you can use the gearstick if you want to as well. You will never forget how to drive a manual, but auto makes life so much easier.

Good luck!

The auto has plenty of poke and is an absolute dream to drive. You should also bear in mind that the auto is actually cheaper to tax than the manual (and therefore a little more economical). Amazing but true.

To be honest, it's a bit of a no brainer as far as the IS250 goes.

Thank you lexus owners for your response. I think i will go for the auto IS250 mm. I might want to take a test drive from the lexus dealer but wanted to know how old you need to be to hire out a IS250 or take it out for a 48 hour test drive. I am 19 years old so this might be a problem.

Can anyone help

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links