Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk3 Gs300 Recall - Anyone Else Know About This?

Hello again.

I've just had a call from a Lexus dealer asking me to take my car in to check it for recall work. Apparently its the rear brake callipers and steering rack.

Has anyone else been in for this to be checked on their cars - MK3 GS range.

I'm just curious that's all!

Hello again.

I've just had a call from a Lexus dealer asking me to take my car in to check it for recall work. Apparently its the rear brake callipers and steering rack.

Yep, My GS450h was in last week and they asked me to book in again for the recalls

Malc

Hello again.

Yep, My GS450h was in last week and they asked me to book in again for the recalls

Malc

Hi

What are the recalls specifically?

Did they change anything on your car?

How long did the repairs, if any, take?

Edit - I've just read your post again, you haven't had the work done yet so you won't know how long it takes, oops.

Mines in Thursday so I'll post here with results.

Hello again.

What age of Mk3 have you got?

Edit, sorry just read your signature stuff, 05 I assume! Haven't had anything about my October 08 car so far.

Hello again.

What age of Mk3 have you got?

Edit, sorry just read your signature stuff, 05 I assume! Haven't had anything about my October 08 car so far.

It is a MK3 GS 2005.

I'm not sure if the recall is for all MK3 GS models made or just for certain cars determined by year of manufacture. I'll find out more Thursday though and report. It might be worth a bell to your local dealer.

Here's the US announcement:

"

On January 16, 2009, Toyota filed a Defect Information Report (DIR) with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) regarding certain 2006 2007 GS 300/350, 2006 2008 IS 250/350 and 2007 2008 LS 460/460L vehicles. The involved vehicles are equipped with aluminum fuel delivery pipes (fuel rails). Lexus has determined that ethanol fuels with low moisture content will corrode the internal surface of the fuel rails. As this condition progresses the engine malfunction light (MIL) may illuminate. Over time, the corrosion will create a pinhole resulting in fuel leakage. SSC 9LA will be launched to replace the Fuel Delivery Pipes in the affected vehicles.

There are approximately 43,700 GS 300 (24,500 2WD, 19,200 AWD), 23,700 GS 350 (14,000 2WD, 9,700 AWD), 85,800 IS 250 (54,000 2WD, 31,800 AWD), 24,900 IS 350, and 36,400 LS 460 (25,500 LS 460, 10,900 LS 460L) vehicles involved in the U.S.

Additionally, Lexus is launching two other SSCs.

9LB Certain 2006 2007 model GS and IS vehicles to inspect rear brake calipers. On certain Lexus vehicles, the slide pin in the rear brake calipers may not operate smoothly. If the vehicle continues to be operated under these conditions, the brake pads may make noise.

9LC Certain 2007 GS 450h, 2006 2007 GS, IS and RX 400h vehicles to replace the electric power steering link (EPS) assembly. Certain vehicles may experience a noticeable gradual increase in the steering effort necessary at low speeds when turning the steering wheel to the complete left or right position. This condition may be most perceptible when parking the vehicle.

A dealer package including vital information and reimbursement procedures will be sent to dealers (to the attention of the service manager) today.

Lexus will inform owners of the involved vehicles with a Special Service Campaign notification letter sent via first class mail beginning in late January 2009."

Of course the parts on European cars may be different from those on the US versions.

Hello again.

Both my rear calipers were changed under warranty at the end of December 2008 because of the seized slider pins.

My fuel line was changed about a year ago on a recall. It's not a potential corrosion problem, but the way the pipe was made. The pipe is formed by rolling sheet material and welding longitudinally. Because of improper orientation of this seam weld, a section of fuel line within the engine bay had a risk of developing a crack, and cause fuel to leak under pressure. They haven't had one leak yet, but the risk was identified and corrective action was to modify the pipe design for the later models and generate the recall to change out the pipe for the cars already sold that had the original design.

Just had the rear caliper pin and steering rack "recall" carried out at Derby. As usual the car came back spotless inside and out and, this time, with £20 worth of petrol added! How about that?

The reason I put "recall" in quotes is that someone at the garage said technically it's not. They call it a "service inspection" or something similar. That means they just inspect the car and replace any parts that may be suspect.

Sounds like a recall by any other name to me, but I think it does mean they don't have to register it with VOSA! Could it be Lexus don't want to wash their dirty washing in public :whistling:

Happy with the service again

Malc

Nice one :D

I popped in earlier to pick up some bits, prob about 3ish if you were about then?

Yep, I was in there about 3:20. Black suit, white shirt, grey hair and a beard looking angry (because of work not Lexus)

Just had the rear caliper pin and steering rack "recall" carried out at Derby. As usual the car came back spotless inside and out and, this time, with £20 worth of petrol added! How about that?

The reason I put "recall" in quotes is that someone at the garage said technically it's not. They call it a "service inspection" or something similar. That means they just inspect the car and replace any parts that may be suspect.

Sounds like a recall by any other name to me, but I think it does mean they don't have to register it with VOSA! Could it be Lexus don't want to wash their dirty washing in public :whistling:

Happy with the service again

Malc

Hello,

I had my rear callipers changed today too. The steering had been done previously. I didn't receive any free gifts though. The car was clean and they did a good job, all in all I'm very happy. A drop of fuel would have been nice, a key ring, cuddly toy.............

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links