Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Switch Blade Key

I have the 3 button one. It is a little flimsy and the metal that makes the actual key is quite long and is a pain in the rear to cut!! One side of mine is 100% OK and the other dosen't turn in the lock.

All in all I like it and shold this one break I will get another.

Thanks Jomo missed that lol :oops:. Seems to be a bit of a mixd bag of reports on them, im not expecting much it has to be said but as i broke one of my keys this morning and my dealer want to charge me the GDP of a small african nation i thought i would try it for the small amount they cost :D

Cheers Yeldarb for the reply.

I have one of these as well, got it through Legendswraith (sp)

Its ok, if a bit chunky and does feel flimsy at times if you hold it too far down when you turn the key.

If mine should break i wont be getting another just dropping back to me normal key.

Stav

Its ok, if a bit chunky and does feel flimsy at times if you hold it too far down when you turn the key.

If mine should break i wont be getting another just dropping back to me normal key.

Stav

This may well sound a bit uninformed. Well thats because i am, having just bought a lovely IS200 W reg but with only one master key. HOW do i get the transponder bits or whatever they are called to go in a new fob if i bought one from eBay?????

Looking forward to a reply to my first ever post here.

Mork

:shutit:

Hi mate, bought the same one a while back and i havn't bothered switching over.

Far too bulky and flimsy, waste of money IMO. If you get one, be carefull, dont take off the sticky label off until you swap over the inside of your old key.

The insides of your own key is easy to come out, just use the smallest allen key to unscrew the one screw.

Good Luck

Stav

This may well sound a bit uninformed. Well thats because i am, having just bought a lovely IS200 W reg but with only one master key. HOW do i get the transponder bits or whatever they are called to go in a new fob if i bought one from eBay?????

Looking forward to a reply to my first ever post here.

Mork

:shutit:

You need to look out for any keys on eBay with transponders in. theres a pinned thread about how to reprogram them for you own car.

So you need to buy a blank key with no internals to cut to your car, then a used one with internals, so you can take them out and fit them in the new one and reprogram it to your car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links