Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sky+ Would This Work?

Saraj

Hi,

I've got standard sky at the moment, and want Sky+

I've seen there offer for Sky+HD but not interested in ending up in a 9.75 per month for 12 months for the HD Pack.

Would this work?

I buy a Sky+ from eBay,

Buy an quad LNB and fit that to the sky dish and fit two wires from the dish to the Sky+ box,

and then ring sky and let them know I've got sky+?

I've estimated I could do this for just around 70 pounds, and use my existing package which is free for 4 months.

Any comments welcome

Thanks

Saj

Don't see why not mate, but couldn't you use a dual-LNB if you're only feeding the one box as the quad is for the Sky+ box plus multiroom isn't it?

Saying that a quad gives you more room to upgrade in future I guess :)

As long as they update your card to Sky+ I think it should be fine?

Don't see why not mate, but couldn't you use a dual-LNB if you're only feeding the one box as the quad is for the Sky+ box plus multiroom isn't it?

Saying that a quad gives you more room to upgrade in future I guess :)

As long as they update your card to Sky+ I think it should be fine?

yh the quad only costs a few quid more, plus i can use the standard box in my bedroom then, not sure whether that one would work without the viewing card but worth a try

do you think Sky will play along? or just say we did not fit it so we wont activate?

They'd activate it mate, as for your other box just ask them to send you a freeview card out and then you can use the other box too, without it it'd be pretty crippled though mate.

Not sure what the charge on multiroom is, thought it was 10 quid a month tops in which case you'd get the full selection of channels on both boxes.

Have to admit I'm amazed how long this encryption has stood up for on Sky, they used to change cards pretty regular as they were constantly getting hacked but I don't remember getting a new one for several years now!

Saying that onDigital only got ripped to shreds as NDS funded the researched to hack it wide open, or at least that's what the rumours were at the time, some fella over in Israel with NDS funding and an insane laboratory environment! Sounds like a job for Geoffers :D

nice one, yh looked into mutilroom but the engineer who fitted my sky said you have to have a bt line, which i dont, and dont want, but the one thing he did tell me is that the new box's require a viewing card, however the old boxes dont, so i could sell the current standard box and buy a old one and keep my fingers crossed,

you heard of this??

I'm sure it will work mate although as said you will need the viewing card for the second box. I think you will only get the same package in another room if you do multiroom though?

I was looking for a way around this also, i currently pay for the full package from Sky, Sky+ in main room and multiroom my bedroom.

I've been waiting for the HD box upgrade to come down in price and it just has to £49 installed if you take the HD package plus multiroom.

What i find annoying and a ripp off is the monthly cost and no discount for customer loyalty.

My current package is £45.50 per month, plus multiroom £10. With a new package i'd have to pay on top of that £9.75 for HD, and £10 for another multi room! A wopping total of £75.25 per month just to watch my damn TV! Without the poxy TV licence and install fee, i've had many fall outs with Sky over it but they won't budge.

If there was another way it would be great, Sky HD in main room, Sky+ in my bedroom and the other multiroom for my sons room. But £75 per month!! Ouch!

I'm sure it will work mate although as said you will need the viewing card for the second box. I think you will only get the same package in another room if you do multiroom though?

I was looking for a way around this also, i currently pay for the full package from Sky, Sky+ in main room and multiroom my bedroom.

I've been waiting for the HD box upgrade to come down in price and it just has to £49 installed if you take the HD package plus multiroom.

What i find annoying and a ripp off is the monthly cost and no discount for customer loyalty.

My current package is £45.50 per month, plus multiroom £10. With a new package i'd have to pay on top of that £9.75 for HD, and £10 for another multi room! A wopping total of £75.25 per month just to watch my damn TV! Without the poxy TV licence and install fee, i've had many fall outs with Sky over it but they won't budge.

If there was another way it would be great, Sky HD in main room, Sky+ in my bedroom and the other multiroom for my sons room. But £75 per month!! Ouch!

i thought it was 49 plus 30 for installation if you an existing customer??

yh dont want multiroom, or HD pack dont want to be in a 12 month subscription, as i am paying for Virgin XL already.

Ill pick a sky+ box from eBay buy an quad lnb fit it, and keep my fingers crossed for the old box, problem is if i get sky to do it there just replace the box and take the old one which is no good to me

Saying that onDigital only got ripped to shreds as NDS funded the researched to hack it wide open, or at least that's what the rumours were at the time, some fella over in Israel with NDS funding and an insane laboratory environment! Sounds like a job for Geoffers :D

Nah mate, SECA was hacked a long time before that :winky:

SKY *has* been hacked but the people responsible are wisely keeping it to themselves for their own use. BskyB has a long arm and a big legal team. you could even end up dead. There's a lot at stake and is really is quite dangerous. Any gains could be more than offset by the consequences which would follow.

There will probably be card change towards APR/MAY. They really need to change as soon as possible.

I've got SKY+ in lounge with the magic eyes in the bedrooms & study. I have spare SKY+ remotes and as the TVs all have freeview, I can watch whatever I want wherever I happen to be. There are plenty of channels on the freeview system for my wife, mother-in-law, daughter or anyone else B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links