Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Can I Get My Geometry/tracking Fixed?

Hi

I know that this is a common problem - excessive wear on the outside of a tyre. I know that someone like Wheels in Motion can fix this, however, I live in Swansea so a trip there is a pretty long haul.

It's not something that will be fixed by fixing the tracking alone.

Does anyone know of somewhere nearer?

I also travel to Lancashire regularly so that may be an option if there's somewhere in that area.

Thanks

Hi

I know that this is a common problem - excessive wear on the outside of a tyre. I know that someone like Wheels in Motion can fix this, however, I live in Swansea so a trip there is a pretty long haul.

I also travel to Lancashire regularly so that may be an option if there's somewhere in that area.

Thanks

Why do you say tracking alone is not the answer? i'm interested as my four tyres have all gone on the outside shoulders (after 28K) I am about to but 4 tyres and get 4 wheel tracking done at Peak Performance in Llandow (near Cowbridge). I assumed this would be sufficient.

Most grateful for any advice.

Why do you say tracking alone is not the answer? i'm interested as my four tyres have all gone on the outside shoulders (after 28K) I am about to but 4 tyres and get 4 wheel tracking done at Peak Performance in Llandow (near Cowbridge). I assumed this would be sufficient.

I'm just going off what I've read before, mainly that the RX300 does tend to wear the outside of the tyres, and it's down to geometry rather than just the tracking. Also, in my case the wear all seems to be on one tyre rather than evenly across the others. I'd rather go to an expert and know for sure, than get the tracking done locally and find I've wasted another tyre.

If I'm wrong tell me...

Hi

Thanks

Tracking's line of sight is linear, it can deal with toe issues but.... your car also has camber adjustment so the machine needs to read the vertical position of the wheel as well.

Hi

Thanks

just take it to wim and let the master work his magic on it

tony is the only man that works on my geo on my is200 :whistling:

all best with it neil

I've spoken to my tyre supplier, he confirmed that they are able to do 4 wheel tracking and camber as well. However he supplies a couple of RX owners with tyres and states that wear on the outside shoulder of the tyre is a characteristic of the RX and , at least in my case, does not indicate camber is an issue. Uneven wear over the 4 tyres would indicate camber. I should add that this is all a mystery to me, I'm only reporting what Ive been told

He had a look on the computer and told me that one of his RX customers got 12K from a set of Marshals! I've decided to stick (ha ha!) with the Dunlops which passed an MOT with 28K, tread depth was between 2 and 3 mm.

Finally the price of tyres varies by the day and by advising them a month or so in advance he was able to check on a regular basis, hence I've just ordered 4 Dunlops, 225/60 R17 99H at £105 each fully inc (with stick on weights).

http://www.peakperformancewales.co.uk (approx 16 miles form M4 J33, Cardiff West)

Hope this helps.

Hi

Thanks

It may seem an odd suggestion but what is wrong with your Lexus dealer - Lexus in Sheffield did mine satisfactorily

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links