Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Big Phil Scolari Didn't Last Long!

aido

Just seen Chelsea have sacked Phil Scolari and that Avram Grant is in the running - I wonder if Robinho will be making his way out of Man City after all, or whether Big Phil will go there now instead and replace Sparky?!

LOL the problem is nobodys ever gonna live up to Jose.

and esp now as rumours have it Roman Ab is bored of football and not being on top anymore their doomed.

:offtopic: Heard a rumour Sven may become the next Pompey manager. You heard it here first!

Just seen Chelsea have sacked Phil Scolari and that Avram Grant is in the running - I wonder if Robinho will be making his way out of Man City after all, or whether Big Phil will go there now instead and replace Sparky?!

Zola getting a mention too!!!! I'm sure Big Phil will be a bit put out, but the payout should ease the pain a little....... The fickle speccies pay good money and are entitled to their views but are sometimes too quick to slate the manager. What about the playboy's who roll about on the park at the slightest tap and moan at the refs for nothing!!!!!!!

Rant over spare a thought for us Toon fans, Joe Kinnear hospitalised.............

Seems to be a bit of an obsession with short term results these days in football. Look where it got the banks!

OK so Big Phil has had 15 months, but I wouldn't call 4th place in the best league in the world bad exactly. Too much impatience at the top.

OK so Big Phil has had 15 months, but I wouldn't call 4th place in the best league in the world bad exactly. Too much impatience at the top.

He's not been there that long has he?

Thought it was last year he started at Chelsea? Yeah it was July 2008!

He's made in what, 15 games, what it takes a director of a bank two years to earn, it's a disgrace :lol:

Fergie leads the way. An old fashioned no nonsense manager that does'nt need so called directors of football hanging around getting paid for nothing.

He always get results using experience and youth. The only manager anywhere near his style is David Moyes.

Grant going back to Chelsea will mean Abramovich eating humble pie and I cannot see that happening.

Poor Tony Adams sacked too. Harry Redknapp completely strips him of a team he is given no money to spend and they wonder why he does'nt get results!!!!!

Rafa on the verge of cracking up and rambling on about who knows what. Joe Kinear in hospital 'cos he can't take the pressure. Roy Keane could'nt hack it at Sunderland!! Sparky has got billions to spend and buys "Bellamy" :shutit: All this happening before you speak about a footballer!!!!

Big Phil Scolari came with a big reputation at international level and the Premiership has found him out to be weak, he lost the respect of the fans and eventually the players from the dressing room to the training ground, Scolari changed the team tactics,diets and fitness level which was turned down to accomodate Deco (what a joke he is) even J T and F L asked for training to be stepped up to the level it was under Jose and to play a 4-4-2 system ,which we all know works in the english game and both requests were refused.Whats worse is were now left with Ray Wilkins as acting manager.......now were doomed!!...when a respected coach (Steve Clarke) who has been at the club for 20years moves on it says a lot.

Saturdays game was a joke, Hull should of won the fans booed the team and it was something i would never do as i love the club i've always supported since a young lad and some had hidden agendas to oust Scolari with banners and singing " you dont know what your doing" it was a tense atmosphere and not something i would like to see again.

See ya Phil and turn the lights out when you close the door.

Move on Chelsea.....

OK so Big Phil has had 15 months

7 months actually.

Fergie leads the way. An old fashioned no nonsense manager that does'nt need so called directors of football hanging around getting paid for nothing.

He always get results using experience and youth. The only manager anywhere near his style is David Moyes.

Grant going back to Chelsea will mean Abramovich eating humble pie and I cannot see that happening.

Poor Tony Adams sacked too. Harry Redknapp completely strips him of a team he is given no money to spend and they wonder why he does'nt get results!!!!!

Rafa on the verge of cracking up and rambling on about who knows what. Joe Kinear in hospital 'cos he can't take the pressure. Roy Keane could'nt hack it at Sunderland!! Sparky has got billions to spend and buys "Bellamy" :shutit: All this happening before you speak about a footballer!!!!

That will be the same Bellamy thats scored 2 goals in three games for Man City :whistling:

Tommy: but billions of pounds and Bellamy and Bridge? not exactly "world class" you were expecting! and mentioning the 2 Bellamy's scored, Jo's done alright since leaving you lot LOL

T7Y_B, i've got to agree, a proper manager is the only way to go in the Prem. Look at Spurs, when we had Commoli as Director Of Football it was a joke, we lost everything we had worked for and Big Martin Jol, mainly cause of Commoli's incompetence.

Then Ramos was very much like Scolari with his diets etc, but they're just not good enough for the premiership. Harry's the way to go and in harry i trust!

Tommy: but billions of pounds and Bellamy and Bridge? not exactly "world class" you were expecting! and mentioning the 2 Bellamy's scored, Jo's done alright since leaving you lot LOL

You lot ? :tomato: no mate, my lot is below, well maybe i shouldn't be brodcasting that as we're playing shoite at the minute :blush:

Harry's the way to go and in harry i trust!

For Tottenham you are probably correct but I couldn't really see him in charge at Man Utd., Chelsea or Liverpool.

Big Phil Scolari came with a big reputation at international level and the Premiership has found him out to be weak,

Managing at club level is totally different to managing at international level. The players are already fit before attending for international duty and should certainly not need additional motivation. The club manager has to maintain his players fitness and keep them motivated over sustained periods of time, unlike the international team manager who has players for a far shorter period of time.

The Russian owner(who has his fingers in other footballing pies too) should be aware of the differences and make his appointments accordingly. The fans aren't shouting for his head though because they don't want to lose his money........if he makes any more available!

The club manager has to maintain his players fitness and keep them motivated over sustained periods of time, unlike the international team manager who has players for a far shorter period of time.

Chelsea players were super fit under Jose and Grant and how much motivation does a player need when hes on over 100k a week.

I've been to the training ground and seen that the players were/are struggling this season with fitness compared to last season.

The club manager has to maintain his players fitness and keep them motivated over sustained periods of time, unlike the international team manager who has players for a far shorter period of time.

Chelsea players were super fit under Jose and Grant and how much motivation does a player need when hes on over 100k a week.

I've been to the training ground and seen that the players were/are struggling this season with fitness compared to last season.

That was the point I was making. The players were fit under proven club managers, but not so fit under Scolari

who is proven as a manager at international rather than club level.

The £100k/week is possibly not a motivation. Some of the highest earners are not performing at all well on a regular basisand are maybe a little complacent.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links