Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Newbie!

GazS14

Hi there!

I've just become the proud owner of a 91 mk1 LS400 with 247k on the clock so thought I'd better say hello as it has a few issues that need to be sorted.

I bought the car to enter in to a 3000km charity car rally around Europe called the Scumrun (www.scumrun.co.uk) as I needed something that was fast, comfortable and most importantly cost less than £500! The LS400 seemed to be a bargain at £385, although I fear our fuel bill won't be so cheap....

The car has some damage to the front wing and bumper and I was wondering whether replacements from a mk2 would fit? If not does anyone have any mk1 parts available?

Cheers

Gareth

Welcome to the site mate!

Sounds like you'll have fun on that run, always wanted to do one of these, we were on about doing same as you have here, get a car for £500 and whoever gets there and back without braking down wins! Can't remember what we said they'd win though!

yeah i saw that car,

so are the rules £500 plus mot and tax or £500 full stop?

It's £500 for the car then you can spend whatever you want on top of that to make it road legal or modified! Hopefully we'll get away with just servicing it, repairing the damage and fitting a set of IS200 alloys!

The 'rally' will be televised on MTV and Men and Motors and should get local news coverage. I'm happy to put a couple on LOC stickers on the car for a bit of free advertising!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links