Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Are You Lot Using To Clean Your Leather Seats?

aido

Just wondered what you lot are using to clean your leather seats?

I know way back when Claire was recommending Zymol as I bought a bottle of it for that reason (it was still in the garage 5 years on unopened :lol:)

I've done all the seats today and had a Zymol and a Autoglym leather cleaner, so I've done one seat in each and then used the Zymol for the rears as it was easier :D

Just wondered what you folks here actually use, had a nosey over at detailing World and topics regarding leather just always seem to be two of the sponsors arguing who's is better - Furniture Clinic or LLT or something like that and I got bored of reading over there so thought I'd see what you guys are using on the same stuff I've got :)

Also noticed the grey piped seats are much softer than the older seats - what's that about, different hide or something they did differently to it afterwards, ie sealed / not sealed?

PMSL!!!

Cheers for that fella :D Guess she comes in useful for wiping stuff in eh?

Besides with the size of the last couple of birds I've been through there ain't room to get up anything on the back seat :lol:

I just realised I can't see right as I've got bloody Zymol overspray all over my glasses!

Oh aye before I forget, there are a couple of marks which look to be white paint splatter (no it ain't no man fat) and just wondered best way to attack that?

Tried both the Zymol and Autogylm cleaners and they didn't touch it - wondering if maybe it's just the leather dye or something, any of you used any of the leather dyes as I might just do that - either that or a black marker if I get bored :D

I was given a tip from a local car upholsterer for tiny scratches or marks that show different colours through...

a tiny amount of black Kiwi Shoe Polish and some spit, rub in gently with a yellow duster, leave for 5 mins and

then buff to take off any excess.

He did say be very sparing with the polish, you can always do another 'treatment'.

Obviously Black Polish is no good for Beige Leather, but maybe a Tan polish is worth a gamble ?

(just don't blame me if it doesn't match !!)

It's black leather still cheers mate, just got the grey piping down the sides, it looks nice, don't ask me why I just prefer it to the black leather I had in mine, it's different hides or something and I like the newer style - I'm weird me :lol:

Might give that show polish a go, going to try that LLT or whatever it's called first I reckon to see if it's as good as they say!

Nice one thank-you - looking at their site there are loads of products - is it a case of using multiple products to get the finish such as a cleaner and a feeder product or do I just need to buy say one of the LTT things such as Lazy Leather?

Nice one thank-you - looking at their site there are loads of products - is it a case of using multiple products to get the finish such as a cleaner and a feeder product or do I just need to buy say one of the LTT things such as Lazy Leather?

As picked up from reading Judy's replies on DW, and speaking with her, the only "conditioning" leather needs is water, which the cleaner contains.

Add in the Protector, and that should keep the seats looking spick and span.

http://www.lttsolutions.net/category.asp?category=11 - Auto products, the LL you mentioned is for household use, iirc.

I actually cleaned all mine down with water first and noticed it was all soaked in whereas the old ones I assume were treated as it would just sit on the surface!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Both LTT and FC have very good products, but I tend to favour LTT personally.

Here is something to think about. All horse people (1) Love their horses and (2) equally treasure their equipment which is almost all leather. So, I decided to check out their leather care products, I'd used Mckguires and Autoglym and more recently products from Horseland. Ive found they go on better clean better appear to penetrate better and best of all cost half as much or less. At least that's the case for me here in the land of high temps and endless sunshine Australia, dynamite on leather. An article I read told of chaps who applied a good dose of conditioner and wrapped the seats in Gladrap for a week, with good results. By the way you folks with brown or black leather are in luck, they use and have brown and black raven oil on their saddles etc: which apparently stays put.

• 1 month later...

I brought a is200 a week ago so needed to clean inside leather and was recommended "MER LEATHER CLEANER" about 7.99 from halfrauds , but my god what a difference it made and the dirt on me microfiber cloths was insane had to throw 2 away there were so dirty but must say after first use was mighty impressed with the stuff :)

won auto express award too : http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/product_awards/250564/leather_cleaner.html

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links