Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Mileage Rx400h

Hi there,

My "56" RX400h now has nearly 75K miles, great car and no problems apart from high tyre wear rate at 20,000 miles per set.

I am thinking of buying when lease runs out in Sept. Has anyone experience of high mileage RX400's, as if I keep it soon it will have 140K.

Thanks for your help

Roj

Not sure I've heard of any hybrids with huge mileage (I thought they're mostly used around town) but might be worth asking on the US forums as well as they generally do a lot more mileage than we do.

Not sure 20K is high usage out of rubber hauling a near two-tonne plus car. I would suggest it is about right. However, as you have put on all those miles I would suggest you know the car better than anyone. You know what (if any) warranty claims it has had and how it has performed...but if you want peace of mind, extend the Lexus Warranty on the car and enjoy it :)

Hi there,

My "56" RX400h now has nearly 75K miles, great car and no problems apart from high tyre wear rate at 20,000 miles per set.

I am thinking of buying when lease runs out in Sept. Has anyone experience of high mileage RX400's, as if I keep it soon it will have 140K.

Thanks for your help

Roj

20K per set seems reasonable, I have a friend with the 4x4 Audi and she only gets 12k set just going to and from school :lol:

Hi there,

Thanks for your help

Roj

20K per set seems reasonable, I have a friend with the 4x4 Audi and she only gets 12k set just going to and from school :lol:

12k?? I'm guessing she has the Q7?? A friend of mine had the one with 19inch wheels and suffered the same. It was only when he upgraded(!) to 21inch Audi wheels did it improve to 18k! :D

There are plenty of examples of high mileage Prius cars in North America, particularly Canada, where they have been popular as taxis. There was an article in one of the car mags a year or so ago about Prius's with 100,000 + miles on the clock with no problems. If you are worried about the hybrid system failing this is encouraging....the rest of the car is predictable Lexus quality and should last well. Anyway, that's what I am hoping as I plan to keep mine for a few years yet !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links