Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Moderator Re Think

Rabster

Do you think there should be a Shake up in the mod department and rules to be outlined that all members decide upon  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should forum members beable to have a decision in what the mods do or dont do

• Yes
    • No

I put Yes as I see no one is admitting to it, but it clearly doesn't matter what I vote it seems lol..

Do I care? No not really I really enjoy loc & never had problems myself with anything or anyone.

I may not be seen as the most popular member who puts a post in everyday, into every thread. Or even someone who can help out technically cuz I'm not to good at that but I dont mind doing it to my own car, but I do love the tips the more knowledgeable guys give & mostly the wonderful projects that I can only dream of funding one day ;) or having a go at.

Without them I would of been bored of my car a few weeks after having it, but it's been at least 4 years an still like it & would like a newer one ;)

I have been here along time to me, I usually just read :) I check in everyday as I love the Internet so sad I know but it's just as bad as me being on facebook etc lol..

Will I now input wonderful ideas because I voted yes, probably not I am very lazy & will just continue to read more about the great work others have done.

Without LOC I would prob be very bored and hope if I fix my car I can attend another big meet just to thank everyone :D

But at least 2 of the 3 managers must authorise it.

Do you not think that 2 of the 3 managers being husband and wife is a problem to fairness.

having said that could you remove some of my warnings please steve..

I choose NO, because at the end of the day we are all free to come and go as we please. The rules are already set and by joinning the forum you are suppose to abid by them rules. An example would be at work, you don't choose who your boss is and which company rules you would follow and which ones you won't etc, if you don't like his/her rules you leave, unless he/she is breaking the law (for obvious reasons). But i really don't want to go too deep as at the end of the day, i joined this forum for knowledge from helpful individuals and in turn hopefully i can help others with the experience i gain. Being a forum, the more you talk the more chances someone replying would pick holes etc in your comments and it quickly gets out of hand.

Theres some great people on this forum with alot to share, so I just wish this forum to return back to how it was and what it was ment for.

Do you not think that 2 of the 3 managers being husband and wife is a problem to fairness.

Janey is not a manager

I choose NO, because at the end of the day we are all free to come and go as we please. The rules are already set and by joinning the forum you are suppose to abid by them rules. An example would be at work, you don't choose who your boss is and which company rules you would follow and which ones you won't etc, if you don't like his/her rules you leave, unless he/she is breaking the law (for obvious reasons). But i really don't want to go too deep as at the end of the day, i joined this forum for knowledge from helpful individuals and in turn hopefully i can help others with the experience i gain. Being a forum, the more you talk the more chances someone replying would pick holes etc in your comments and it quickly gets out of hand.

Theres some great people on this forum with alot to share, so I just wish this forum to return back to how it was and what it was ment for.

But you do have a Union!

I must admit i voted Yes, but i think the way it works now is fine, but there has been a few funny goings on round here in the past few months and that needs to stop IMHO.

Also changing/removing posts for no apparent reason (maybe because it makes the mod/management wrong) needs to stop as well. this has happened a few times.

One more question though Steve, if i send you a PERSONAL message, are ANY of the mods/management able to see it apart from you?

Stav

Also changing/removing posts for no apparent reason (maybe because it makes the mod/management wrong) needs to stop as well. this has happened a few times.

Agreed. This is something that I've PM'd Steve about in the past myself, it's happened to me as well on more than one occasion. Bazza commented in the other thread that he's never seen a complaint about anyone other than Wozza - well, just because he hasn't seen a complaint doesn't mean there haven't been any (e.g. it may have been sent to someone else - and no, I'm not referring to a complaint about Bazza in this instance).

But you do have a Union!

I must admit i voted Yes, but i think the way it works now is fine, but there has been a few funny goings on round here in the past few months and that needs to stop IMHO.

One more question though Steve, if i send you a PERSONAL message, are ANY of the mods/management able to see it apart from you?

Stav

personal messages can only be recieved and read by the person they are sent to

Janey is not a manager

ah i see. ok then do you not think that have 2 people so close, 1 a mod the other management, has its own issues..

i havent voted BTW,, cant be bothered lol..

Agreed. This is something that I've PM'd Steve about in the past myself, it's happened to me as well on more than one occasion. Bazza commented in the other thread that he's never seen a complaint about anyone other than Wozza - well, just because he hasn't seen a complaint doesn't mean there haven't been any (e.g. it may have been sent to someone else - and no, I'm not referring to a complaint about Bazza in this instance).

it was no complaints about a moderator rather than "anyone"

i agree that it may have been sent elsewhere, but we do talk and discuss these things,

Janey is not a manager

ah i see. ok then do you not think that have 2 people so close, 1 a mod the other management, has its own issues..

i havent voted BTW,, cant be bothered lol..

i have to agree

to be honest im not going to bother going into it, as it will just end up like the other day. its clear the issues they might be

Sorry Saraj but the issues are not clear, I for one would be very interested in what they are as they obviously involve me.

There is no reason for anything to 'end up like the other day' if the issues are legitimate, to say you're not going to bother going into it will leave it hanging and unresolved which judging by the thread the other evening is not how you like things to be, so surely its best to get it out in the open rather than festering away :)

Again guys, issues to be forwarded to me.

I will not have any more threads about mods, or any team member. Seems the same old people dig up and stir it up.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links