Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Amplifier Plug! Aaarrrrggghhhhh

BAC

how the **** are you supposed to take the plug out of the back of the amplifier?? ive stripped as much of the surrounding area down to give me room to work but just aint happening. the amplifier hardly moves so you cant get your hand behind it. cut all the ties, undone the brackets, taken the bottom panel out. and still cant give myself enough room to get my hand in there!!

how the hell did people sort theres??

Here you go mate, might help a bit CLICK ME! :)

thanks for the link!!! you make it sound a lot easier than it is!! ive been going at it for over an hour already :( my corsa was 100x easier!! lol

Its not too bad mate when you know where to look :) Think it takes me about 10 mins now to remove the amp fit the lead and have it all back together again :lol:

When you have the amp unbolted you have to work it a bit to come forward enough to get it out, I pull the rubber door seal off by the dash and then pull the dash towards me to give me the extra bit of room :)

If you get stuck give me a shout and i'll see if i can sort you out :D

After a lot of pain, I actually got mine out by unclicking it, and then using the blunt end of a large screwdriver and pushed the cable out - all done in a matter of seconds, wondered why I didn't do that in the first place :lol:

Sounds like you are having the same problem that i had. I followed all the guides and still could not get enough room to get the plug out. In the end i unscrewed the heatsink from the amplifier. With the heatsink off i managed to turn the amp round enough to get to the plugs. I think the heatsink is only held on by a few screws.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links