Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dealer has this:

2005 55 GS300 SE-L, just over 68k on the clock and up for just under £15K:

http://www.inchcaperetail.co.uk/Used/UsedC...hicle_id=991874

It has a detachable tow bar - would this be any cause for concern? I think the mileage is high for the year but is this a worry?

Any comments appreciated - I'm in two minds about it!

Dealer has this:

It has a detachable tow bar - would this be any cause for concern? I think the mileage is high for the year but is this a worry?

Sounds expensive to me. Take a look at www.lexus.co.uk and search the pre-owned section. Better deals on there.

Malc

Hmmmm, that is my underlying thought. The dealer has said the interior and exterior will be cleaned and any issues addressed. Any tyre under 3mm will be replaced, full service carried out and fresh MOT along with the 1 year Lexus warranty. So it will be well fettled by the time it goes out to a buyer, but it is the cost and mileage that put me off, although it works out at only just over 20k per year so maybe not that bad in the scheme of things, but in 3 years time under my ownership it would be up to 100K......

Dealer said they would come down a few hundred but I was thinking more like £13k?

Sounds expensive to me. Take a look at www.lexus.co.uk and search the pre-owned section. Better deals on there.

That is from a dealer (Lexus Norwich) :unsure:

But good advice all the same, have a look at the preowned cars on the Lexus site, and try to find any that are cheaper or better in any way and use that to haggle the price down if you definitely want this one.

To be fair, if you're not desperate, I'd go in, show interest in buying and say you'll pay £13k. If they don't accept, walk out and they'll probably call you back in a few days time to try and do the deal - worth a shot :)

That is from a dealer (Lexus Norwich) :unsure:

But good advice all the same, have a look at the preowned cars on the Lexus site, and try to find any that are cheaper or better in any way and use that to haggle the price down if you definitely want this one.

To be fair, if you're not desperate, I'd go in, show interest in buying and say you'll pay £13k. If they don't accept, walk out and they'll probably call you back in a few days time to try and do the deal - worth a shot :)

Coming up to month end. They need to meet their targets.....bluff it out.

Malc

Dealer has this:

Just for comparison, I bought an 05 MK3 GS SE in Jan this year for £14800. The car I bought, an SE, is an insurance group lower, not sure why, still a 3ltr. The big difference with my car is that I bought it with 22k on the clock, a huge variation in milage. Like the one you saw it also had 1 owner full Lexus history. Shop around, you want a GS with average milage at least for £15k.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not desperate for an SE-L as an SE would do me fine so I'm not chomping at the bit for this car but would be interested at the right price. I dont think £600 off is enough but if that is what the dealer thinks is all he can offer then good luck to them, I'm sure they will find a buyer.

What does amaze me is someone who could have an expensive car like this and treat the interior so badly - the dirt and scuff marks were amazing. We had a look at an IS too today which was just over 3 years and 27k on the clock - looked like someone had gone mad inside with some dirty oil - it was filthy.

This doesn't suprise me at all. When I was looking for an LS430, I was bewilderd by the amount of abuse that some people give these cars. I must have looked at about ten or so till I found one that didn't look like someone had died in it.

With that mileage and price and a badly treated car with a tow-bar ( pulling caravan ? ) I would make a low offer and then walk. I f they accept your offer make sure you accept subject to final inspection when it is cleaned up. They often leave them dirty to hide things.

Hi mate i have GS300 SE-L silver with cream leather interior 56,000 on the clock with full Lexus service history.

Just had 4 new tyres is valeted every 4 weeks that i am about to put up for sale if you are interested i am after £13,500 as i am buying a new car. work in Marlo, Buckinghamshire and you are welcome to come and see if you are interested let me know.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links