Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving Along At 70 In 5th Gear Engine Light Start Flashing

Asi

the other thing that annoys me that is the car mucked up on me on friday when the car was going to a service on wednesday to get plugs and other thigns changed. oh well.... ;)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the other thing that annoys me that is the car mucked up on me on friday when the car was going to a service on wednesday to get plugs and other thigns changed. oh well.... ;)

:nugget::crybaby:

If it's any consolation, even though the Lexus data sheets say that the NGK plug to use is IFR6A11, looking on NGK's website they actually list IFR6T11. I can't imagine Lexus's data sheet is wrong on this. I guess it's possible NGK's site is wrong, or perhaps this is a later plug which does the same job ?

:nugget::crybaby:

If it's any consolation, even though the Lexus data sheets say that the NGK plug to use is IFR6A11, looking on NGK's website they actually list IFR6T11. I can't imagine Lexus's data sheet is wrong on this. I guess it's possible NGK's site is wrong, or perhaps this is a later plug which does the same job ?

i would imagine the NGK site is wrong. oh well.

both of us around the same time. gutted oh well.

so what the project???

take it all engine covered and that burned away?

Not too sure yet mate what i'll be going for but hopefully be staying with lexus/toyota?

Most of the covers are ok mate just going to need a respray :whistling:

That's bad news on the compression test mate. Hope you get it sorted soon. Good price on the engine though and hopefully you can find a good price on the change over.

I've got my old block mate,

there not much in the way of ancilleries on it (but you'll have them on your engine) but the rods/pistons/compressions all ok on it.

Stav

would i be able to change the block mate.

what you personally?

not sure mate, depends on your skills.

just thinking it may be cheaper than a whole engine, but then again it could up the labour swappin the bits.

the offers there anyway

Sorry to hear about your woes. Thats a bummer.

With the old engine, you gonna open it up and see whats what once out? It its a valve or something, you could fix that and sell the engine and get some money back?

Sounds like the potential new engine is on the verge of needing a cam belt change, you might want to factor that in, although obviously if it's an engine swap anyway the extra work to change the cam belt will be minimal.

i have had the timing belt changed recently on mines so everything would be swapped over except for the belt itself which would have to be brand new.

its a nice offer of the block but then you have to remove the head from yours and it could need 4 valves or even a head if it does your not going to get second hand valves so you'd buy new,you might find it hard finding a head as most people sell a complete engine and it will prob cost the same as the engine you can get,then you have to get all the gaskets and with all the extra labour involved it would be well over the price of the engine you can get.

its a nice offer of the block but then you have to remove the head from yours and it could need 4 valves or even a head if it does your not going to get second hand valves so you'd buy new,you might find it hard finding a head as most people sell a complete engine and it will prob cost the same as the engine you can get,then you have to get all the gaskets and with all the extra labour involved it would be well over the price of the engine you can get.

Sorry mine does come with the head and valve.

Basically its missing a few sensors, the coil packs, alternator, and the cambelt and pulley.

Stav

Sorry mine does come with the head and valve.

Basically its missing a few sensors, the coil packs, alternator, and the cambelt and pulley.

Stav

their you go asi stav is offering you a whole engine not just the block at least with stavs you know its been looked after.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links