Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 - Dreaded Error 3 Message

Hi,

The CD changer in my mates '57 IS250se packed in. The dreaded 'Error 3' message came up.

He was ragin'. All his CD's stuck inside.

I told him not to use copy cd's, which is what his changer was full of. It was the first question the Lexus dealership had for him when he phoned up.

It's going in next week.

I thought the Error 3 message was a thing of the past as well................

This is more likely (hopefully) an isolated issue, as it's definitely the first I've heard of it on the new IS...........Given the number of complaints about the 220d, I'd imagine that if there had been more failures we would most definitely have heard about them! Technically as soon as they replaced the headunit in the mk1 IS with the top slot CD player, ERR3 has been a thing of the past.

Having said that ERR3 is just an error fault code, it doesn't mean it's the same issue as with the mk1 IS cd players which had an inherent design fault that meant they were destined to fail.

How can they say not to use copied cds when it specifically says it will, and it also plays MP3 and WMA on CD?

@Asi: The 5 year warranty was for the 1st gen IS, not the new one.

Top-loaders on the IS200 do get ERR3, there have been a few come up on the forum. But if it does happen it's a lot more easy to take apart than the earlier bottom-loaders, so there's more chance of fixing it.

I don't see how you can compare any error code on an IS220/250 to an IS200 though, just because the code is the same, doesn't really mean a lot.

I don't see how you can compare any error code on an IS220/250 to an IS200 though, just because the code is the same, doesn't really mean a lot.

I wasn't actually aware of anyone with an ERR3 on a top loader, but what you've said there was kind of my point (I think) :blush:

You're right though stevie, it is just an error code - because of the bottom slot players we've got into the mindset that ERR3 means the end of the world, whereas in truth it is just indicating a read error or something............yes on a bottom slot player it probably does mean it's dead, on others it's telling you of some problem (I've had my CD player throw up an ERR1 a couple of times before but it's no big deal)

Failures may occur on the top slot players and mk2 IS players, it's inevitable for any piece of hardware that it may fail, but no cause for alarm as with the early players.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links