Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

Hopefully one of you guys know this - there is a section in the back of the manual for my GS450h that talks about customization (section 6.2)

It gives lots of options to change what happens with the smart entry system etc. It mentions needing special equipment - is this true, or is there a way of making changes without going to a Lexus centre?

Although it is not in the manual, I would like to have the mirrors retranct when I turn the engine off and fold back out when the car is "ready"

Is this possible?

Cheers,

Paul

Hi all,

Hopefully one of you guys know this - there is a section in the back of the manual for my GS450h that talks about customization (section 6.2)

It gives lots of options to change what happens with the smart entry system etc. It mentions needing special equipment - is this true, or is there a way of making changes without going to a Lexus centre?

Although it is not in the manual, I would like to have the mirrors retranct when I turn the engine off and fold back out when the car is "ready"

Is this possible?

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul

sad to say I dont think auto retracting mirrors are on the menu which is a shame with the cost of them if hit , I agree it is a pain having to find the switch in the pod every time to retract and then again to open back out. Recently had a week with a LS460 which did have an auto folding mode linked to the locking system which makes perfect sense so hopefully will spread to the rest of the range for our next cars.

Is this the only ag with these cars ? musn't grumble !

Regards Tony

Thanks Tony,

It isn't really a gripe - I had a switch in the toyota I had previously, and I used to retract the mirrors, power off and they would automatically open when I started the car next. I have no gripes with the GS. I love it to bits. Especially when someone tries to race me away at the lights.

Paul

Thanks Tony,

It isn't really a gripe - I had a switch in the toyota I had previously, and I used to retract the mirrors, power off and they would automatically open when I started the car next. I have no gripes with the GS. I love it to bits. Especially when someone tries to race me away at the lights.

Paul

Hear, Hear!!!!!

I'd quite like put a sign on the retractable rear blind saying "You've been left for dead by a hybrid" :)

Malc