Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My First Ls400

kpnuts

looks nice mate really like the colour.but not sure on the is200 wheels on it they look a bit well small.50mpg??out a v8??dont think so.

are you planning to do much shopping??that tank in the boot is mahoosive.

really like the car though big pimping all the way.you got any plans to mod it?

looks nice mate really like the colour.but not sure on the is200 wheels on it they look a bit well small.50mpg??out a v8??dont think so.

What type/size should be original. would like to have newer steering wheel the wood grain one. What mods are good for it?

What type/size should be original. would like to have newer steering wheel the wood grain one. What mods are good for it?

VIP style........ big wheels, very low,tints,exhaust to show off the v8 burble and shiney as hell!!

i think when people put 50mpg its kind of like a cash equivelant as compared to petrol, since lpg gives less mpg than fuel but for half the price, its more miles to the pound rather than to the gallon

i think when people put 50mpg its kind of like a cash equivelant as compared to petrol, since lpg gives less mpg than fuel but for half the price, its more miles to the pound rather than to the gallon

you are probably right there, will let you know when i run her the mpg!

any ideas where to get a service manual from?

when money comes an new exhaust and sort out the scratch will be done but it timing belt and water pump first, also need cassete for cd havent seen one of them about yet? can i fit a after market one in there if i cant get original ?

Hi KP,

They are a very high quality car and they are one of the best cars i have driven ever (never mind owned).......but they can be very expensive if the common faults have not been fixed recently - if they haven't then haggle the price down 'cos it will cost another £1000 + to fix some (not all) of the most common faults or just the normal wear & tear.

Main faults are front suspension bushes (whole arms need replacing tho'), emissions, p/s leak, flashing dash syndrome, labour for belt replacement can be dear but i paid £500 for a service including the belt and a few smaller jobs.

I'm gutted because mine has come to crunch time......MOT failure

I've had it 5 years and only spent around £1500 on it, which over that 5yr period is not too bad (my old bangers i had in the past cost half that every year!!!....) so it is a good car to own, and most parts last a lot longer than 95% of other cars parts, but when the major parts need replacing it can get expensive for the one job....

suspension upper control arms £400 each + fitting,

lower control arms are less than £100 each and thats just the front end - rear has two sets too, one affordable the other virtually writes the car off

failed emissions...original cats are extortionate, cheap ones are £150each but are they worth it?

major servicing and the odd job while the car is stripped can be towards the £1000 too

Dont be scared, these jobs dont come around often, and as i said, the overall cost hasn't been bad at all for me - up until this MOT....but buying a used M plate can be due to the previous owner thinking...sod those bills....and leaving the work for the next buyer

I love my ls400 (K plate) but the thought of original parts for suspension, 2 tyres, emissions, warnings on rear suspension, upcoming tax & insurance now put this once great car towards the end of its luxury life......

250,000 miles and the engine is still in superb condition and runs fine, just a shame about the wear & tear parts

Buy it and you will love it all the same

Dont be put off by my moans - i'm just gutted i cant afford it anymore

thanks manc

sorry to hear yours is suffering the good news is there are bargains to be had out there.

i am fortunate i have friend's who are good with spanners so that should take some of the sting out.

but the proof is in the pudding find out tomorrow just how good it is?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links