Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Amazing Day

jsj24uk

I just thought I would share with you the day I have had today.

I picked up a pupil for a driving lesson. I notice she is walkig to the car wearing a pair of sandles which she is clearly having trouble keeping on her feet. I greet her in the usuall way, asking her how her week was etc. I then proceed to tell her that her footwear is unsuitable and unsafe to drive a car in. I explained that there is a chance of her sandle coming off and getting trapped between the accelerator pedal and the brake pedal or a pedal getting trapped between her sandle and her foot. I even explained that if her sandle was to come off and get stuck under the brake pedal that there would be nothing I could do to stop the car as my dual brake pedal is connected to her brake pedal so if one stops working, we have no brakes. I said could she just pop back home (all of 30 metres away from where I picked her up) and change her shoes for somthing more suitable and safer for driving.

She says to me that if she has to change her shoes she is getting out and going somewhere else. I asked if she understood compleatly why I wasn't going to let her drive the car with unsafe footware and she shrugged her shoulders. I told her that her attitide stinks and that she needs to go and find another instructor who doesn't care about her or anyone elses safety.

I explain this to anyone who wears inappropriate footware for a driving lesson and so far everyone has understood compleatly and have been more than happy to change their shoes, but there is always one who thinks they know better.

Sorry for the rant but this lady really got up my nose.

Jim.

you did the right thing and ok you losing a pupil, but for safety you cant complain, good on you, and goodluck to the pupil in finding a instructor who is willing to allow her to drive in sandles,

what about high heels, do alot of pupils where those?

i know how you feel,i popped out in the car the weekend to the shop with my flip-flops on(i forgot they were on) and knew it was a mistake as soon as i started driving as i didnt feel in complete control and were worried the were gonna slip off so stopped the car and grabbed my trainers out the boot

saraj-nothing wrong with them wearing high heals mate :D

you did the right thing and ok you losing a pupil, but for safety you cant complain, good on you, and goodluck to the pupil in finding a instructor who is willing to allow her to drive in sandles,

what about high heels, do alot of pupils where those?

They come out to driving lessons wearing all sorts of exciting footwear. I even had one girl who wore a pair of high heels nip into a shoe shop quickly and came out with a pair of cheap trainers to still have her lesson. Everyone so far has understood and the ones who can't change their footwear have payed me for the lesson and promised to wear somthing more sensable for their next lesson.

It's the attitude of this woman I can't get my head round. I'm not worried about loosing her as a pupil at all. It is this attitude that is costing lives out there.

I'm moaning on again about this, really sorry.

only yesterday I jumped in the car in flip flops and luckily got it caught on the pedal before i'd even stuck the key in the ignition, already locked the house up and couldn't be bothered runnin back in again so i just threw the flips in the passenger footwell (so they didn't get in the way) and drove barefoot

Unbelievable, not only was she stupid enough to think she could drive in those (and therefore doesn't really understand what being on the road is about) but also so arrogant as to not change them - probably better off not having a student like that, and hopefully she never passes her test or has a real change in attitude.

damn it, when I started to read this, I thought it was gonna turn into a dirty story where she had a short skitrt etc on too!

How disappointed! :( ;) Anyway, well within your rights mate.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links