Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket Head Unit And Amp Problems

Hi guys,

I've got a problem with my Clarion WXZ468RMP, which the previous owner installed (http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-clarion-wxz468rmp_p-23254.htm). Every time I come to a stand still or slow down a lot my head unit cuts out, only when playing CDs really loudly though and also when the radiator kicks in the CD usually cuts off for a few seconds. If I do the same with the radio on, it's fine. Anyone know what may be causing this?

I've also got a Vibe CBR12 EVO Active - 12" Active sub connected to the HU (http://www.mynewcheap.co.uk/products/details/vibe-cbr12-evo-active-12-active-sub/11132/) The problem with this is that I can't put the power up on the amp of the sub without increasing the bass to all my speakers and this means I can't get anywhere near the potential of the subwoofer and amp because the door speakers become distort. The only way to increase the power is through the head unit and there doesn't seem to be an option for increasing the power just for the amp.

Does anyone have this head unit or similar problems? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Anil

Sounds like a problem to do with voltage to me i.e. less being generated when you're going slow. I wonder if your battery is on its way out, or the alternator ? Does the voltage needle on the dash fluctuate when you slow down/stop with the head unit going ?

Nope, its always at or above 12 volts, its had a new Battery not too long ago?

Sounds like a problem to do with voltage to me i.e. less being generated when you're going slow. I wonder if your battery is on its way out, or the alternator ? Does the voltage needle on the dash fluctuate when you slow down/stop with the head unit going ?

Nope, its always at or above 12 volts, its had a new Battery not too long ago?

What is it on at exactly ? Mine is always around 14.5V, it never drops to anything close to 12V.

I've checked all this, it all seems fine. The theory that the battery/alternator isn't working correctly doesn't make all that much sense to me because if I'm listening to the radio really loud and i come to a stop the sound never cuts out? Only when its a CD.

Does anyone have any ideas how to increase the volume to the subwoofer through the head unit? This specific head unit doesn't have options for subwoofer volume, is there any other way to increase the volume of the subwoofer? (The gain is at max already)

I do have a spare 4/6 channel amp, how hard would it be to amp up all the door speakers? I'm abit of a novice when it comes to amps.

I've checked all this, it all seems fine. The theory that the battery/alternator isn't working correctly doesn't make all that much sense to me because if I'm listening to the radio really loud and i come to a stop the sound never cuts out? Only when its a CD.

Maybe the CD player uses more voltage than the radio though ?

Does the voltage needle go up and down on your car ? You made it sound like it does fluctuate, which doesn't sound right to me.

is it all fitted correctly????i have a sub and amp my gain is only turned up to 1/4(dont think your ment too run the gain at full??) and when outside the car the boot moves the bumper moves and the wing mirrors and rear view mirror vibrates.when in the car you can feel it through the whole car.

dont think yours is wired/set up correctly.

when it cuts out take a look at the timer and see if it stops if the timer stops it could be a problem with the disk drive it self or the lazer.

the HU has crossovers whoch should sort the fronts out. It has 2 preouts so you prob need to change the rear to sub for it to be a dedicated sub output the you should be able to adjust the crossover on the rears and sub too..

all depends on hwo its wired up mate..

Sorry guys, I wasn't reading my dials correctly its usually between 12-15 depending on when I last used the car.

Yeah, I know what you mean I had this system in my old car and had the amp at about 1/3 gain before too, but something isn't right on this HU.

In terms of volume of my sub, I think it's my HU because there is no dedicated preout for the sub on my HU and therefore I can't adjust the volume for JUST the subwoofer through the HU. What can I do?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links