Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ok, I've ordered a starter and I'm beginning to to get excited about having a reliable car again! My next question is what parts do I need when putting everything back together? A friend of mine mentioned Plenum gaskets... is that all?

Cheers...

Damian

A few more I am afraid,below is the list with part numbers.

17176-50020 gasket air surge tank to intake manifold [4]

17171-50010 gasket intake man. to head [2]

22271-50010 gasket throttle body [1]

16341-50010 gasket water bypass joint rear[2]

25628-50010 gasket, egr inlet[1]

25634-50010 gasket egr pipe[1]

25627-50010 gasket egr valve[1]

22278-50010 gasket idle speed control valve[1] ( just in case)

Ahhh... but at least they're only gaskets and wont cost that much... :crybaby:

Here's the proceedure.

Go to Lexus dealer and they will sit you down in a plush chair and serve you a coffee and biscuit whilst you wait for the parts manager to come to you.

Give the parts manager the list of required parts and he will get them ordered for you.(Mention you are an LOC member and they normally knock off 10%.)

At this point REMAIN SEATED when he tells you the price.

Ensure you have fully recovered from the price shock before leaving the dealership ( take more free drinks and biscuits if this helps).

Common side effects are confusion,dizzyness and nausea

Ensure you are OK before driving off :D

A few more I am afraid,below is the list with part numbers.

17176-50020 gasket air surge tank to intake manifold [4]

17171-50010 gasket intake man. to head [2]

22271-50010 gasket throttle body [1]

16341-50010 gasket water bypass joint rear[2]

25628-50010 gasket, egr inlet[1]

25634-50010 gasket egr pipe[1]

25627-50010 gasket egr valve[1]

22278-50010 gasket idle speed control valve[1] ( just in case)

£79.00 for all the gaskets, incl DRAT and discount for mentioning this wonderful club... cheers for the list Steve!

REMAIN SEATED when he tells you the price.

Sound advice. Was in Lexus dealership this morning buying a cabin filter, and asked how much were the heat pads and elements for a driver's seat - '96 LS. Answer: £668. And then there's the labour charge.

I remain speechless, exept to say that the £22 charged for the cabin filter suddenly seemed a right bargain.

They quoted me £452 plus vat and it is exchnge too.

you do not say what problems you are having, it could be a raly and not the starter unit???

From your avatar, it looks like you have a Gen2 car (Mk III 95-97).

The starters on gen1 and gen2 are different, both in size and internals, so not realyy exchangable.

If you have a clicker, and normally it weill be spasmodic starting, you can get a contact rebuild kit from the USA, about 20 USD.

Exchange units are available from Camberly Auto Factors, 01252 517272, maybe others too, not sure on price.

Exchange unit for the Lexus stealler is 450 +vat.

It is a reasonably big job to do, but even a semi compitant home mechanis can do it.

You will ideally need some gaskets too.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.taylor8817/...%20Starters.JPG

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;#entry671671

lots of info on USA forum too.

If you order 1 from CAF and you are not near, they are 1 mile from my home, i'd be happy tocheck it for you before they send it out, or I could post it to you for a tenner.

Good Luck

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links