Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Pauses In Phonebook Entries

Hi all

I posted a similar question in the general "Audio/Video/Electronics" forum a couple of weeks ago and, although I don't like posting the same question twice, I thought I'd try here as this forum seems more active. I've also tried getting this question through to Lexus technical support, without success.

I'd like to save an entry in the phonebook on my new IS250 which will dial my work phone number, pause and then dial the passcode needed to retrieve voicemails.

I've tried the "pause" button on the screen used to enter numbers into the Lexus phonebook and I've tried transferring phonebook entries from my phone that include a "p". In all cases this simply dials the phone number and then stops at the pause and doesn't send the passcode. Including the "wait" button in a phonebook entry works as expected; after the system dials the phone number, you can then hit the 0-9 key to send the passcode. Alternatively I know I can save the passcode separately as speedtone, but both these alternatives involve a number of key presses whereas on my previous Bluetooth handsfree I was able to dial, pause and send passcodes in a single step.

I've tried various experiments using both Sony Ericisson and Nokia phones with the same results. I'm wondering whether a new phone might solve the problem or if there's a special technique required to use the "p" pause feature.

If anyone has a solution and/or are able to recommend a particular make and model of phone I'd be very grateful.

I gave up after a few months found the only way I could access my desk DDI messages was to use screen phonebook for DDI then use speed dial on mobile to access password to messages.

Good luck post if you do it any other way

Thanks for that Shoggy, it's good to know I'm not alone in this.

I think I'll just use the "W" wait between the number and password in my phonebook entry. This just means I have to hit the 0-9 key to send the passcode once the dialled number has been picked up which isn't too bad.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links