Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which? Reliability Survey

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/5...ity-survey.html

Considering the IS200 was No.1 in the what car reliability survey this year (or was it last?) I find it weird that it's not even in the top 10 Which? survey. Although I can't find a link to that, just remember seeing it posted here a few months back.

I can only assume it's because it's based on a flash survey and because of the IS's relative rareity, no-one asked to help with the survey actually owned one?

I might be wrong (normally am!), but i would think due to age range of the survey, that the 1st generation IS will have more or less gone from the stats. That means the (in my opinion) underdeveloped when launched new IS would be the main one considered...given that...and the general opinion/reports of the IS220d (the orig one) I am not surprised at all.

I might be wrong (normally am!), but i would think due to age range of the survey, that the 1st generation IS will have more or less gone from the stats. That means the (in my opinion) underdeveloped when launched new IS would be the main one considered...given that...and the general opinion/reports of the IS220d (the orig one) I am not surprised at all.

What survey was it in a few months back where it came first? Can't seem to find it anywhere but I'm sure it existed :unsure:

I do think some of the surveys are a bit skewed sometimes tho. Like if you expect a car to be ultra reliable (ie a 40k A5 full of modern technologies) and it has a few minor issues, its hurts alot so the owner would talk it down a bit. But if someone one of the really cheap city cars, with lets face it alot less to go wrong, and minor things go wrong, then something minor goes wrong, then the owner is resonably pleased. I think thats why alot of the expesive up market cars slide down quite low. Same goes with alot of the other categories, like performance or practicality, both of which our beloved IS scores badly on, mainly becauseof the opinions of people who are used to other big cars, but for people like me who came from a 1995 3 Door Peugeot 205 Diesel, both the performance and preacticallity are stunning.

So I think we should take the surveys with a pince of salt. That said, I took great pleasure winding my father in law up when my older discontinued car, beat his brand new Focus in a few categories.

Gareth

it was in the Auto Expresss survey...where IS200 was at number 1.

hi

here

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/dr...cat=reliability

Cheers for that, knew I'd seen it somewhere

I do think some of the surveys are a bit skewed sometimes tho. Like if you expect a car to be ultra reliable (ie a 40k A5 full of modern technologies) and it has a few minor issues, its hurts alot so the owner would talk it down a bit. But if someone one of the really cheap city cars, with lets face it alot less to go wrong, and minor things go wrong, then something minor goes wrong, then the owner is resonably pleased. I think thats why alot of the expesive up market cars slide down quite low. Same goes with alot of the other categories, like performance or practicality, both of which our beloved IS scores badly on, mainly becauseof the opinions of people who are used to other big cars, but for people like me who came from a 1995 3 Door Peugeot 205 Diesel, both the performance and preacticallity are stunning.

So I think we should take the surveys with a pince of salt. That said, I took great pleasure winding my father in law up when my older discontinued car, beat his brand new Focus in a few categories.

Gareth

Absolutely. You should see what the guys on the MK2 forum say about the 220d's imperfections :rolleyes:

.....Although having driven a few they're probably right

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links