Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Saloon Vs Sport Cross

Hi Folks,

As you may (or mat not) be aware, I've been keeping my eyes peeled for an IS300 for a little while now. Ideally, I'm looking for a Black or a Blue one with cream interior. This sure is turning out to be more of a challenge than I thought it would be.

I've spotted an IS300 sport cross on the autotrader. It's a 52 plater and is right up at the top of my spending bracket. Instead of a cream interior, it's got black leather. I've got two little lads and maybe the cream interior isn't such a good idea but the thing that's got me wondering is how practicable is the sport cross anyway. Some people seem to think that although it's an estate, it really hasn't got much more room in it than the saloon.

So my question is this, is there anyone out there who's got an IS300 sport cross that can give me the lowdown on if it's a better proposition than the saloon.

As always, any advice that any of you guys can give me is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mick.

Hi Folks,

As you may (or mat not) be aware, I've been keeping my eyes peeled for an IS300 for a little while now. Ideally, I'm looking for a Black or a Blue one with cream interior. This sure is turning out to be more of a challenge than I thought it would be.

I've spotted an IS300 sport cross on the autotrader. It's a 52 plater and is right up at the top of my spending bracket. Instead of a cream interior, it's got black leather. I've got two little lads and maybe the cream interior isn't such a good idea but the thing that's got me wondering is how practicable is the sport cross anyway. Some people seem to think that although it's an estate, it really hasn't got much more room in it than the saloon.

So my question is this, is there anyone out there who's got an IS300 sport cross that can give me the lowdown on if it's a better proposition than the saloon.

Cheers,

Mick.

Hi Mick, yes maybe the sport cross is not a huge carrier but dont forget the clever design features, all the seats (except driver's ) fold forward to form a good size load area and the height of the boot floor is adjustable. I have never been stuck moving big items with our's and still prefer driving it over my GS 450h. Ever wondered why there are so many Audi A4 Avants and BMW 3 seris estates out there? they all drive as well as the saloons but are more useful and so hold there value better/ easier to sell on.

I am a huge Sport Cross fan, I believe they are better looking with the raised back and certainly fairly unsual probably only see one for every 20 saloons, my advise is buy one but maks sure in is a 300, no worse fuel consumption but a lot more go than a 200 and the superb E shift.

Good luck with your decision Tony

The thing people often mention is that seats up the boot in the sportcross is actually smaller than the saloon........however, the saloon's boot is a bit awkward with the wheelarch intrusion so the boot in the sportcross is a much more usable space.

I'm not a huge fan of the way the sportcross looks, but otherwise it is a lot more practical than the saloon with the folding seats and has the added benefit of a subwoofer :)

Don't tell everyone, but i was at B and Q at the weekend to buy a 2m length of contiboard, easy peasy in S/C. We made a mistake a while back, we have 2 cars and neither was a 5 door hatch type....always having problems buying stuff, going to the tip etc.....however to some (lucky?) people this is not an issue !!!!!

Hi Y'all,

Thanks very much for the replies.

Tony, I didn't realise that the front passenger seat folds forward. Like you say, the sport cross does look handy and yes it's got to be a 300 (whether I end up buying a saloon or a sport cross).

Lexus2D, I notice that you're based in Doncaster. That's only a skip up the 62 for me so, if you should notice that the 300 that you mention is still up for sale (and looks in good shape), could you PM me their phone No.

Cheers,

Mick.

Hi Folks,

Cheers,

Mick.

Mick,

I recently bought a Sport Cross and I'm very happy with it. I was well aware it's a less practical estate than some but I think it look's great and it does offer more practicality than the saloon. The access is much easier and it does as said, have some clever design touches, also the stereo is superb. Hope this helps.

Nick

Sheffield

Hi everybody,

Once again, thanks for all the replies.

MarsdenDean, thanks for your reply. I think you've made my mind up.

Now all I have to do is find a 2002 IS300 Sprort Cross in either Blue or Black with either cream (aaah yeaah) interior or maybe black (more kid proof) in mint condition with average or below milage for no more than £5500. I reckon I'll still be looking this time next year!! heh heh. However, if any of you benevolent folk should see a likely contender for sale then, if you could PM me, I'd be made up.

Anyway, thanks again for all the input. This forum really is a credit to all you regulars.

Cheers,

Mick.

• 2 months later...

the layout of the sportcoss is great. Recently, my uncle wanted t buy one of those long ladders that can be folded into 3,. he tried putting it in his vectra estate with the front passenger seat as forward as possible and yet the boot will not close, it was a few inch short to house it. We then tried it in my sportcross with the front passenger seat folded. Hey presto, it fit cos we were able to push the ladder right to the glovebox door.

hope that helps to make up your mind.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links