Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello And Sat Nav 2 Dvd

Mark_K

Hi all….

New to this forum so thought I would shay “Hello” and join in.

I have (SC430 from new 2001… oh and wife now has my RX300.. you have to have a family car somewhere :)

I have had a good few ‘quality’ issues with both of them, but they are being looked at slowly and although these where enough for me to lose a little faith in the RX, the SC is way too good a car to care about a few issues :)

What I am looking to do with my SC is work out how the hell to use the sat nav screen as a general screen i.e. dvd, pda etc. (already put screens in the headrests of the RX). So thought I would ask the collective brain power of UK SC owners for any advice, help etc.

From what I can tell the sat nav unit is manufactured by Denso - anyone know if this is correct???

Does any one know the make / model of the actually LCD screen? I don’t want to take it apart if I can help it, but knowing the make / model would maybe let me track out the signal layout before stripping it.

Does any one know of an ‘off the shelf’ composite to RGB converter?

Oh well…. Any comments would be welcomed (well, not actually ‘any’ comment, but pretty much ‘most’ comments)

There are a few off the shelf composite to RGB converters but the problem is the sync frequency. Lexus (or Denso) don't use the normal or 15.7khz / 31.5khz

I'm working on a frequency shifter right now (as well as a million other things for the Lexus). Another thing I've noticed that is causing a delay is the sync also appears to be on each colour. Normally it's only sync on green or completely seperate.

Unfortunately not as simple as a plain converter.

Hmmm... can’t see why they would sync all three. then again, I can’t see why they would use a different Hz... maybe because they can I guess.

I know the feeling re a million projects, and I disappointed that the screen is not a standard Panasonic or similar as this would have made life a lot easier... I guess we could make a shifter / PIC etc. but the truth.. is will we? I doubt it, I'll just get engrossed in something else along the way :(

Thank very much for your reply and if i do strip the thing or get any info, then I'll pass it on.

• 2 weeks later...

hello all,

I am new to this club, but I have been a tech for lexus for 13 years. I have a conversion kit for all dvd based navigation systems to watch dvd's, tv, use playstation or x box. I also have factory one touch remote top down and up. also factory remote engine start for all models.

hello all,

I am new to this club, but I have been a tech for lexus for 13 years. I have a conversion kit for all dvd based navigation systems to watch dvd's, tv, use playstation or x box. I also have factory one touch remote top down and up. also factory remote engine start for all models.

Hello I am interested in your conversation kit. Could you contact me on email?? my email is siuteemteem@hotmail.com THanks.

hello all,

sup Steve, i didn't know you were in here...?? since when do you like to post notes in clubs and forums....??? :D

Hi all?

New to this forum so thought I would shay “Hello?and join in.

I have (SC430 from new 2001?oh and wife now has my RX300.. you have to have a family car somewhere :)

I have had a good few ‘quality?issues with both of them, but they are being looked at slowly and although these where enough for me to lose a little faith in the RX, the SC is way too good a car to care about a few issues :)

What I am looking to do with my SC is work out how the hell to use the sat nav screen as a general screen i.e. dvd, pda etc. (already put screens in the headrests of the RX). So thought I would ask the collective brain power of UK SC owners for any advice, help etc.

From what I can tell the sat nav unit is manufactured by Denso - anyone know if this is correct???

Does any one know the make / model of the actually LCD screen? I don’t want to take it apart if I can help it, but knowing the make / model would maybe let me track out the signal layout before stripping it.

Does any one know of an ‘off the shelf?composite to RGB converter?

Oh well? Any comments would be welcomed (well, not actually ‘any?comment, but pretty much ‘most?comments)

hey Mark, i had it done to my ride..... IT'S AWESOME...!!! :lol:

well, actually Steve from LuxuryMotorworks did it for me, they have a kit that conv. the Nav to DVD player, i was looking to do it for the longest time, and one of my friend had done it to his GS430, he told me about Steve, for what i know, it has two major components, TV tuner and a box that can change the Nav signal the DVD, i am not very technical, i mean he does a real nice job, i have a PS2, Xbox, and also i can watch TV... it is cool. B)

hey mike, i don't normally post but, these people are looking for ways to modify there vehicles and I just wanted to offer a helping hand. I normally like to just read what people are looking for. You know we can do anything. If you dream it we make it happen. You can take over from here I'll just keep reading.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: I LOVE IT...!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: i use it so much that i am afraid i will break it.... :P is working like a dream, i love it specially when i park like in front lots of people, then i press the key and.... :yahoo: i love the look of people faces..... I LOVE IT.... :D

New to the site and I have a 2003 SC430. Do you have the contact info. for luxury motorsport or the product info. for the DVD/NAV conversion kit? I'm also interested in the remote top info if you have it. I'm based in Los Angeles, CA however, I haven't been in town to do research in the area.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links