Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Rival Opens Its Doors On The 11/09/09

kam05

Infiniti (Nissans upmarket brand) will be opening its doors on the 11th September, their first UK showroom will be based at Reading with more showrooms opening up in 2010.

What you do think? Will the Infiniti brand be sucessful or will people think "That's a Nissan with a different badge". In some peoples eyes this statement holds true for Lexus- "You have a posh Toyota, mate", even though Lexus has been around for 20 years now.

Personally, I think Infiniti will do well, shame they got their timing wrong (we are still in a recession no matter what the media says).

Infiniti website

Discuss...

They're nice cars, i've sat in a few when i was in America. If Lexus is the Japanese Merc, then Infinity is the Japanese BMW. Like the press says though it's wrong time to introduce the brand. Lexus is well established now in Europe and are competing with the Germans, Infinity would have a long hard road ahead. Maybe we'll see Acura enter the market as well ?

Haven't been in the newest infiniti's but they don't appeal to me so much, they're honed more towards the US market whereas Lexus build their cars to rival the Germans more........

Having said that the G37 does look interesting so would give it a look if in the market for something like that.

I've been watching them build the place for the ast few months. I hadn't realised that it was going to be the first in the UK - I'll have to drop in for a looksee.

Funnily enough, I've just been to Canada and Lexus, Infiniti and Acura (the Honda equivalent) are everywhere. There seem to be slightly fewer "Lexi" on the road there - whether this means they are more exclusive or just more expensive - I didn't check.

If I drop in to the Reading Infiniti dealership I'll post my findngs here.

Cheers,

Mark C

If I drop in to the Reading Infiniti dealership I'll post my findngs here.

Please do- it will be interesting to see if Infinti can replicate Lexus's success.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links