Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stupid Alarm Question....sorry

dbrady01

Hi all

Really stupid sounding question.............do all IS200 have alarms fitted....are they audible alarms or just lights flashing... If so what is the best way to test it. Been a few cars stolen in my area over the last few weeks and i just wan to make sure my security is.

Again sorry for the silly question

Hi

Pull the open bonnet lever, close the door and lock the car.

Go inside to get a spanner, come out and open the bonnet - you will find out how loud it it !

This is how I first heard my alarm and it scared the bejesus out of me !

Chris

Hi,

To test the alarm, open 1 of the rear windows slightly, enough to get ur arm through and arm the alarm.

Stick your arm through the open window and wave under the light, this should set it off as the motion sensors are in the light housing.

Cheers,

James :shifty:

Sorry to be picky but the IS200 doesn't use motion detectors, it uses a Microwave (radar) sensor in the ceiling dome light. When you sick you arm through the window, the sensor detects the change in the electromagnetic field and sets off the alarm.

There are also switches for each door, the boot and the bonnet that detect when an entry has been breached and sets off the alarm.

I had to research the alarm system recently because mine went totally on the fritz.

that is some good info there. i didn't even know it could do that. :unsure::whistling:

to think all that was in the "entry level" sedan in 1999. i wonder if the 3 series beamers back then had that too.

anyways i know they didn't have 6 disc changers

and they wonder why i chose my IS over the 3 series of the time :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links