Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My Slightly Mod'd Pipercross/apexi Induction Kit

ormi

here is the induction kit when i first fitted it

enginebayk.jpg

liked the sound but thought it wasn't loud enough and didnt go close enough to the head light,but a boy from my work gave me a apexi power cone

so i found some stainless pipe(in my wee bros intercooler kit :winky: ) and extended the pipe to behind the headlight the apexi sounds so much better

p2009091650.jpg

well i wasnt finished their i thought i'd have an other go and change it again more stainless pipe later

p3009092152.jpg

it is now where i want it because look what i got today

p3009092201.jpg

p3009092223.jpg

p300909222301.jpg

what you's think??just the charger to come and thats coming about march time. B) B) B) B)

i just bought the pieces from eBay. think it cost about £60 for all the bits.

pretty simple to do. think u need 63mm bore pipe to fix to the inlet.

a length of chrome pipe. i got 1200mm and i have some left over.

2 90degree elbows.

and some jubileee clips.

oh and an air filter to fit on the end.

have a go. took me less than an hour.

i must admit i didnt notice much difference, so dont expect too much. its probably the cheap filter i bought that is restricting it. will update another time.

Nice work, i would love to have an air duct that points towards my induction filter, but the one i have (prolex type) comes from the front and that air duct would never fit. Also have you measured the air flow temperature before and after to see if there are any difference? Cosmetic wise it's top notch!

Ormi i am not sure if the CF air scopp will work 100% correct. You have also fitted the radiator panel which does not have a hole for the air to enter the air scoop. So I am not sure from where the air will enter the air scoop. Before you fitted the air scoop the radiator panel forced the air to pass under the panel and towards the air filter. What happens now???I think you have to alter the panel a bit. Apart from than it looks great.

even if their was a hole in the panel their would be nothing directing the air up and into the intake the air would just go through the rad.it works the same as the standard intake taking air rushing through the gap between the bumper and the bonnet......the seal on the bonnet even goes round the intake mouth if you know what i mean.also the rad panel is directing the air rushing through the said gap up into the mouth of the intake.

aztecbandit had his s/c set up the same way(the rad panel and the intake are all his).

sm is200 sport i made the engine cover and got the intake off asi who bought it off aztecbandit but never fitted it.

protocol this is just a get me buy till it gets charged in march but the intake pipe is kept cooler.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links