Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Creaking Sunroof

It's a problem that's been mentioned before in this forum, so you're not alone.

I've had two IS's and both have had a creaky sunroof from new! However, on both the noise has stopped after about 5 minutes driving, so I've just ignored it :sleeping:

Guess it might be possible to use some silicone lubricant, if you can pinpoint the 'creak' :unsure:

Hi

Mine to creeks , found its due to the sunroof moving due to aerodynamics of wind over sunroof. under 40 creeks over 60 seems fine

It also more to do with the plastic bits. cant lub them..

what do you lot think..

Kind of glad to hear you guys are having similar issues ...

Mine too is worse at lower speeds ... I'm getting Lexus to have a look at it in a couple of weeks but doubt they'll come up with anything!

KV, how come you have a sunroof if your motor is a 'Z'?

Well spotted. Yeah, you're right - it's actually and 'L' edition I've got, but when I was doing my sig I forgot and thought it was a 'Z', and haven't changed it on my sig yet.... :whistling: :shutit:

well I have now :P :oops:

Mine does it all the time and it's the plastic trim pieces on the roof panel frame - you get the same creaking noise if you just push it with your finger.

I first mentioned this to the dealer at the 10k service (now done 42k) but it's still there. They said they couldn't find a problem - useless gits.

Still, at least it fits with the creaking passenger seat (driver's seat has stopped now), creaking driver's door trim and creaking roof lining (fixed that myself cos it was the most irritating).

JD Power?, great dealers?, build quality? - I'm not convinced; hope you're reading this, Lexus GB.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links