Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ciggarette Lighter

Rez89

hi there all, i went to put my tomtom on charge yesterday for the first time in my car since i bought it and i realised it would not charge, i tried to the chrager in another car an it works fine.

i believe that my ciggarette lighter is not working anymore...could it be a fuse that has gone and it has stopped working?

thanks in advance

There is also a fuse link in the base of the socket too. You have to take the whole socket out to see/check it. Once the lighter unit is out, undo the nut underneath the bottom of the socket and you will see a double washer with an insulating disc in between, and a connecting wire between the two washers which is the fuse link. When mine went, I just took the insulating disc out and bolted it back together. Do this at your own risk.... no warranties given or implied... lol.

There is also a fuse link in the base of the socket too. You have to take the whole socket out to see/check it. Once the lighter unit is out, undo the nut underneath the bottom of the socket and you will see a double washer with an insulating disc in between, and a connecting wire between the two washers which is the fuse link. When mine went, I just took the insulating disc out and bolted it back together. Do this at your own risk.... no warranties given or implied... lol.

i actualy done that when i first came accros the problem, took it all out and didnt no what to do or what to look fore. but i will try again and go on what you said. thanks

i opened the fuse box and swapped the fuse around with the same one from the heated seats which works and the lighter does not work. so i think its something to do with the unit/wiring. thnaks

i had this problem and found out that it was the clips inside the socket .this is what i did take out lighter (removable element) and look in side and at the bottom there is two clips which hold the lighter down to heat it up pull then out a bit from the edge and it works again, this worked for me not saying thats you problem but does sound like the fault i had