Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just Bought V70 T5 02plate £1563.70

john99t-reg

just bought v70 ex police from private auction on saturday( but came straight from humberside police from new), has 4 months tax and mot 13-03-2010, 141k, bit tatty holes in roof, sticker residue, poor inside etc.

1. tax disc says police on it and nil cost, i assume i have to change on the log book tax classification to plg from police and pay for new tax, thinking about using to end of february and pleading stupid if stopped, or can i use police tax until end of feb???

2. with those details does it seem like a good buy?????, cambelt done 84 k in jan 05, plugs 118k, turbo and engine and box seem ok.

3 hoping ormi can ask his mrs for advice for me, cheers

I would say its a very good buy mate, copper cars are normal very well looked after. They are always well serviced and repaired if required to a high standard. From what i hear if they are traffic cop cars they have been moded for a bit more performace, dont quote me on that and iam sure ormi other half will be able to inform you better than me.

Sounds a real steal but the mileage seems very low for an ex police car.......141k in 7 years? Only works out at average of less than 400 miles per week so not enough miles for a motorway cruiser. Did you get the car history printout with it?

Be great to get an ex police ISF for a couple of grand.

spoke to the wife the cars have slight upgrades brakes and suspension some had performance upgrades.

not all cars do lots of miles mate the wife has an old t5 8 years old and its done 80k.

as for the tax using that tax disk you might as well run with no tax because in the laws eyes the car is not taxed.

hope that helps matey.

cheers everyone, got the tax sorted yesterday, they say emmisions were not recorded on v5 so goes on old system above 1.4 £190 for 12 months (not bad for 2.3t) handed in old disc to dvla etc (40 mins in queue). it's all fine now, wasn't running the car after i found out about tax problem a couple of hours after buying so it's had it's first proper run today. in the first few years it seemed to do a fair few miles but in last couple not done a lot to balance it out. still got is200 it's parked up sorn at minute(will always keep this, probably let the mrs have that and sell her cougar).

plans for the t5 are

1 cosmetic work inside/out,

2 remap + induction/filter + service + v-power etc.

should be 225 bhp standard but will service and v-power and rolling road to check, then induction and remap.

done some research and standard internals and turbo with this should be 300bhp, which is what i will aim for,

although with uprated turbo the internals can handle 400bhp

tbh don't fancy more than 300 in fwd car for cost and don't think it will make the most of it,

3 needs new discs anyway so sort them

4 sort tailgate open error on dash, just a £2 switch in tail gate, it the sensor moves out of position sometimes and needs pushing back or fails with repeated use.

just wanted to say i will be off on t5 club now (john 02v70t5) but thanks to everyone on this club, too many to mention but especially ormi (true legend), sparkystav and dj wozza etc. still will mod the is200 which is one of the best pieces of engineering i have ever owned. thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links